Notices

No new stories of recovery?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No new stories of recovery?

I love reading the Stories of Recovery board. Like various posts from folks talking about the joys, changes, etc they have experienced in continuous sobriety I find the stories extremely inspirational. Some day past the one year mark I aspire to write one of my own. I’m just wondering why there don’t seem to be any new posts since July of last year. Is it just that no one has happened to post or is there a limit in place? Thanks!!
Old 06-02-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no limit on new stories

The forum is open to anyone, with a years recovery or more, who wants to share their story.

I've copied your thread here Numblady to maybe drum up some business

Here are the guidelines :

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Hi Everyone...

Please base Your Recovery Story around three themes:
What it was like, what happened, what it's like now.

We require that you have at least one year of continuous
sobriety/recovery/abstinence before posting here.

The title must be either ...My Story-Username or Username' My Story

Please do not use this board as your introduction to the community. If you need support for an addiction, codependency or mental health issue please start on those boards or in Newcomers, or on any board that fits you best.

For your Recovery Story, please include your experience in recovery, and try to avoid "War Stories."
Some members may want to post an update of their orginal share.
Please title that the same as the first...adding Part 2.
That is the max allowed on this Forum.
Do not re post when your post rotates off page 1.

This is not an open board-it is here so that members may take as much time and space as needed to put into words their own version of recovery. It is not open to replies or commentary. It's closed after your post.

Links to Blogs and sites are not allowed. Neiter are U Tube and vocal shares.

Thanks for taking the time to share your journey with us..
D
Old 06-03-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for reposting this here, Dee! I’m in a one woman quest to try and remind folks it’s there when appropriate (like when they share a 1 year + story). And if nothing else by golly I’m motivated to be able to put my own up there in about 213 days but who’s counting...
Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I LOVE those stories too, Numblady! Thanks for embarking on your one-woman quest.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wombling Free

I am 2 weeks sober today. This is the umteenth time I have quit but I never stay quit and now I have brought down a world of pain on myself. I have just got out of hospital for the third time in three months suffering from a severe stomach infection ( Divictulotis). The meds they gave me are making me physically sick.

Right now I don't miss the main cause of these issues, but I will get well again and then I am in danger of becoming my worst enemy. It's a vicious cycle that I can't seem to break.

I just can't do aa here it sucks, I have tried it off and on for 5 years but never managed to stay sober longer than 8 months.

So I am back here again, I know it has to be what I do that will keep me sober, only I can do it....but I need a bit of help, maybe I will get what I need here
Old 06-05-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its good to see you back Womble.

Why not start your own thread for more response tho?

D
Old 06-05-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agree with Dee on starting a thread but do want to say welcome and from where I am sitting you can definitely find help here. I came to this place when I abruptly decided I was going to quit—first for 30 days. Then 100. I’m now past 150 and looking forward to living the next half of my life without booze. It’s not been easy and sometimes I have to think of it in time increments like just make it to a year and see how that worked (not with goal of drinking again but for my linear mind it helps to think that I know what a year WITH booze is like but it sure would be enlightening to try a year without it, if that makes any sense). This place will welcome you with open arms and wise words. Some wiser than others but hey it’s the internet right?
Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for this. I went to that part of the forum a few weeks ago and wondered the same thing, but thought there was some submission guideline that required the mods to upload the stories, and figured it was backlogged. I read a bunch of them (again) and was thinking of adding mine, but thought there must be a process that involved the mods uploading it. Then something IRL came up and I forgot about it. I will add mine sometime soon.

Congrats on your recovery time, numblady!

-b
Old 06-05-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

oh hurray! thank you Numblady and Dee! Another thing to do on my 1st sobervisity, in 126 days and counting down!!

Badge
Old 06-05-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hooray indeed! Bexxed sure hope to see your story there soon. And like Badge said the rest of us can work toward one day posting there as well.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Guilty....I must write mine....I mean I do all of the time in different ways, but never the whole thing. It's definitely time. Sober since Oct '14. I commit to writing it by June 27th....which will be 3 years and 8 months. After all of this time, that 27th of the month is still awfully important to me.

Thank you Numblady and Dee for the reminder.