Notices

What A Day!

Old 11-08-2004, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

What A Day!

Did you ever have one of those really bad days at work and you come home and your wife says she wants a divorce?

So you're sober, you go to a therapist once a week to figure out issues, and it still doesn't work.

What the f*** is the point.

I've tried so hard.

Sober or drunk it's the same.

Thank you for listening.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Big Hugs to you!! What a difficult time. It's good to vent here and get your anger and confusions out. You know that sober is better then drunk. It just doesn't seem that way right now. It took us a lot of drinking time to get where we are in our relationships. We can't expect things to get better as soon as we get sober. Does you wife go to counseling with you? Did she try Alanon or Naranon?

I feel for you. Keep posting!!
Missy
Old 11-08-2004, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

well, glad to hear you are sober. my AH isn't and let me tell you, it makes his life, and everyone else's pitiful. Just remember, it's not the end of the world. I wish you peace tonight as you contemplate your situation.

I know that sounds crazy - peace in the middle of chaos? But, believe me, it can happen. Have you counted your blessings today? Maybe that would be a good starting point.

Peace!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

We did see a therapist together. It's just that she came home today and asked me to come into the livingroom said things aren't working out. I asked, What's wrong? and she said she wanted a divorce. She said we're two different people and she did say she crossed the line when I asked if we could work it out.

I am so close to drinking.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((exlibris)))) Remember, my friend, NOTHING is so bad that drinking won't make it worse. Please hang in there one minute, one hour at a time, whatever it takes. If you drink now, think of how you'll feel in the morning. With the pain you are feeling right now, I don't want any more pain heaped on you. I am praying for you and cheering you on.

jojo
Old 11-08-2004, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

I'm hanging on - not leaving. I feel like everything has left me.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Libris...

Drinking will not make the situation go away... it'll only make dealing with it harder cause your gonna have a hangover and you'll be filled with self-disgust as well.

I know right now it seems your options are zip... and your efforts unappreciated... but.. that is your addict lying to you.

Please... don't give into your pain...
have courage...
Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Remember, Nothing and Nobody can make you drink.
Even when you're by yourself you are not alone!!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been feeling that way, too, exlibris. I lost my marriage, my job, my house, my car and so much more due to my addiction. I felt so hopeless and helpless, like I destroyed everything that was important to me. It was touch and go for a while there, let me tell you. But you know what? I am still here and so are you. Today I am clean and sober and so are you. That may not feel like a lot, but it's something. A guy in a meeting said that any day he is sober, he is batting a thousand. A few months ago he got arrested for something not alcohol or drug related. He shared in a meeting that even though he was in handcuffs in the back of a police car, if the officer had asked him how he was, he's have said, I'm batting a thousand. Wow.

Life isn't great sometimes. Life isn't great a lot of the time it seems like and tonight it sounds like you got punched in the gut. But without your sobriety, what do you have? You can do this... one minute at a time. Hang in there. Please.

jojo
Old 11-08-2004, 08:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

exlibris,Im so sorry to hear this.I hope you stay sober though.Sober or drunk things are not the same I can assure you.Bad things happen in recovery too unfortunatly.I can assure you from experience to get drunk or use will only intensify your pain in the long run.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Wow!! Look at all the wonderful people who truely care about you! What great support you have gotten here!! I just love to see a bunch of addicts coming together to help one another!!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Thank you again. I'm just crying my eyes out right now which probably doesn't look good on a 6'4 300lbs guy. I just feel like I F***D up another relationship even sober! I thinking that I'm so F***d up that I can't be loved. I know pity-pot. But I'm allowed tonight.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's OK, exlibris, let it out. Talk it out, cry it out. Poor me is OK as long as it's not, "poor me, poor me, pour me another drink." Hang on to us right now if you need to, we're here. We understand. A drink is not worth it, my friend. You can get through this one minute at a time, OK?

jojo
Old 11-08-2004, 08:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

I went to Napster and listened to the Who song off their Who By Numbers album: "How Ever I Booze - There Ain't No Way Out"

Always reminds me....
Old 11-08-2004, 08:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

I don't know GANG!! Are we "allowed" to sit on the pity pot?? OK, I guess we'll let it slide, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DRINK!!

I bet you look like this guy!! :mad
Old 11-08-2004, 08:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Its fine exlibris.We have all been there.And Im glad your hear neigbor.(I live in the pacific northwest too)Outside Portland.Are you going to meetings?You will be in my prayers.As long as you stay sober this will pass sooner and easier.Things are really tough for me right now too.I wont post what all is going on in my life right now.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

No...
You are lovable. We love you.

And you cry. Cause.. it's been proven that tears cleanse the body of toxic emotions... ;o).. so ...
Old 11-08-2004, 08:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Ya know, I've never said it but this site is the best. I come here daily but don't post - well rarely. When I need help, you're there. Thank you.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I did notice your join date and how many posts you have.Its all good.Whether you post or just read,I am glad you are here.Keep coming back.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that song!! Are you showing your age? :slaphead