Adult Attachment Interview

Old 05-30-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adult Attachment Interview

Hi my friends. I just completed a thorough Adult Attachment Interview and would like to comment that it was very challenging and very worthwhile. The issues that were “uncovered” about my relationship with my parents has vastly helped me understand issues with my partner who is currently working very hard in rehab/recovery. At the end of the interview my understanding of myself has greater clarity and I feel stronger about the journey ahead. To sum up the experience in one word: Wow! If anyone wants to find out more I am happy to direct them to a really useful document that explains the process. Has anyone here done this sort of thing? All the best to everyone working on their own recovery! X
Old 05-30-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Definitely interested in more information, please. Thank you for this post and sharing your experience.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Going No Contact with my parents revealed more than I could have imagined. Eventually, with much professional support, my c-ptsd started healing. Solutions were being brought into my life and helped support me into more understanding of the extreme dysfunction I was raised in.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No contact is a powerful thing. I’m happy for you that you had the opportunity and made it work! So friends, here’s the information about an unpublished paper on adult attachment interview process. It is actually directed at training therapists to question the patient so it offers a glimpse of the process from the questioner’s perspective rather than the responder’s. A few typos in it but it offered me a thorough preparation for the topic.
You can find by looking up:
ADULT ATTACHMENT INTERVIEW PROTOCOL
George, C., Kaplan, N., & Main, M. (1985). The Adult Attachment Interview. Unpublished manuscript, University of California at Berkeley.

Also, Dr Gabor Maté discusses many important issues around the adult/child relationship in his books and lectures.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow. That goes a long way to explaining why I am completely screwed up. Thank you.