Notices

Day 31 closing up.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 31 closing up.

Hello everyone.

Today is 31 days and it feels good to see that higher double-digit ( as opposed to something like 12 or 11 and lingering binge sideaffects)

i dont miss beer
i dont miss wine
but i do miss that 20min euphoria after the first drink - but oh well there are other better things.

I would like to say everything is AWESOME and i FEEL GREAT - but that's the opposite. Iam at a sloths pace in everything atm.

The truth is I am facing MYSELF atm. I am getting to know me again after 10 years of binge drinking and I am looking in the centre of some issues that obviously ive suppressed. ( havent we all?)

The details of these issues don't really matter as they won't change much, but let us just say things have piled up over the years and ive locked them in a tank and flooded then with alcohol, These things seem to control how i operate in the world.

On a final note, I feel like i will be single for a while, not by choice but by knowing that nothing will work because i have a lot of repair work to do ahead of me, In Sobriety and in Emotional stability.

Thanks, everyone, I am hoping this coming month brings some positive days for you guys.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not for nothing - I am a long-time single person. It is and has always been my preferred lifestyle choice. I'm an only child and I have a rich and contented inner life. I have hobbies and interests and I get plenty of human contact that way.

A "relationship" is very hard work and it is difficult to find a good match. That doesn't mean you cannot have a full and fulfilling life as a single whether it is just for today or for a lifetime.

Congrats on Day 31.

That euphoric recall? It lies. 20 minutes of that is not worth the 23.66 hours of misery. The balance sheet is waaaay in favor of foregoing that 20 minutes.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol numbs out emotions so when you stop drinking, you're forced to deal with everything- and everything feels so real it's scary. My first few days sober I was really irritable and angry a lot and just wanting something to soothe that. I've taken up smoking which isn't great but takes away some of that and it's fine for now.

Alcohol literally steals our identity and now we have to build a new one. Try exploring new interests - maybe you secretly really like hiking or basketball or art! Hang in there.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 31. I agree with wanting the bigger number days to stack up, having committed to sobriety you almost want to be able to show years in. But time will tell.

Good work, stay strong and thanks for posting.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 30 days

for me only stopping drinking was slightly better than worthless

there was no recovery in only stopping drinking

a sober horse thief

thats where the step work comes in

Old 05-30-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

31 days - how wonderful, Renvate. I had to face myself after 30 yrs. - and it wasn't pretty. Getting numb & foggy to 'cope' with troubles just postponed my growth & maturity. You're doing a great thing - be proud.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Coibgrats on 32 days Renvate

If it helps I no longer miss that quphoria - compared to life in recovery it's very hollow buzz.

I eventually found what I was looking for with someone else too. Just have to be patient and let it happen

31 days is a good start

D
Old 05-30-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Congrats on the 31 days. Pat yourself on the back and keep looking forward!
Old 05-30-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys .

That hollow buz Dee is talking about it exactly why I don't take that next step to "have a few to relax" put simply I know what's coming after that and yes it's a start. It's only a month.

Iam pretty happy with the foundation I have laid because iam Making sure to be actually doing things now and Everytime I want to drink I suddenly think "but I can't , I have THIS tommorow"

Or " I cant because the paperwork isn't gonna get done"

Or I schedule a really early appointment with a client to keep me on my toes.

And if I really really want to drink, I just think of the dentist. If I can sit through that then surely I can sit through a few hours of depression from alcohol withdrawal.