Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

My Methadone Story - took it it to get High and fight Depression

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let me share my Methadone story with you.

I have allergies to all NSAID's, all common analgesics. So I have been prescribed all kinds of opiates to treat all kinds of pain since young age, from many physicians. This has led to some kind of abuse here and there. Especially with Tramadol. You can call me weak if you want.

So, as years went by, I have been more fond of opiates. They simply made me feel... Good. And I, a depressed/bipolar person, became more and more attached to them. Morphine, Codeine, Tramadol, etc.

Until I said to my Psychiatrist that I needed something safer that would still make me happy. That would still make me less depressed. I put pressure on him.

He accepted it! As an unorthodox treatment and as a harm reduction strategy. But boy, it went downhill. We lost control over it.

I liked Methadone so much, I was so high on it, that it was the FIRST opiate that made me addicted for real. Physically and psychologically.

And now, 1 year later (it seems little, but my opiate story extends to my whole young adult life), I'm detoxing and can't wait to be free. I'm on my last week of the detox and the details can be seen on the newcomers section (couldn't post the link).

Has anyone else used methadone this way? To fight depression and get high at the same time?
How are you doing right now?
Are you still addicted to Methadone?

Thank you for reading.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I have posted in the wrong section. Can someone move it to the Substance Abuse forum?

It has not much to do with Methadone Mantainance Therapy as I have never done it.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are all looking to feel normal in a crazy world ...
But what I can say is from my experience is medication methadone and antidepressants . Aren't the answer .. You have to try and change your thinking ..
When your on the medication train your always looking for a new medication to cure your ills ..
It sounds easy to say change your thinking .
But it's not ...it's very very hard .
One sentance change my world .( thought comes before emotion )
So we're thinking our selfs in to depression .
so we can think our selfs out of depression ,
Old 10-17-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ps . Try going out side in to the cold sit there And only think about how cold you are think about nothing ells .
Then come back in to the wormth of your house .
And just think about how nice that feels .