Midlife Poster Boy

Old 05-27-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Midlife Poster Boy

The games these midlife men play are crazy. So my soon to be exAH is dressing like a 25 year old hipster, unbuttoned shirt, fancy jeans, shoes and spending a ton of time out on the town. Mind you he has a full head of gray hair, eczema and a belly from the booze. Its so very embarrassing to my children and to middle aged men everywhere actually. My parents were here over the weekend and they were shocked and disgusted by what they saw. Looks like its about time to start deposing documents from the source and witnesses as he hasn't been honest about the financial disclosure and told my children not to tell me about his big promotion. Which is funny because I told my lawyer in Feb he would be getting one since his raise was minimal. It must be exhausting trying to keep all his lies in check and from being exposed and boy does he look tired! Its funny to me that he seems to be working so hard on this image he wants to project but anyone (but especially women) with half a brain can see right through this fake image. He would rather have surface level fake relationships than honest relationships with people who dont want to use him. It's so bizarre to me but I guess thats what makes us so different our values are polar opposites. Just so tired of dealing with the shell of a man that is left. Why does it have to take so long?
Old 05-27-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Is he wearing a Peace sign on a gold chain?
Old 05-27-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and sporting the world's tiniest pony tail???
Old 05-27-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

he should team up with Sasha's bedazzled ex......thinking total A Night at the Roxbury......
Old 05-27-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^^^ that's exactly what I thought! (Coincidentally, I am typing this while once again in a mall food court while ex enjoys "quality time" - 30 min/wk supervised in a public place with Kid).

In addition to the interesting wardrobe and grooming choices, ex is also now sporting lots of tattoos - acquired in his 50s - including Rocky Horror Picture Show motifs. The local tattoo artist that did them put them on her business's Instagram account. The tattoo artist is friends with my ex's second ex-wife's first ex-husband (yes, I know it gets complicated ...) and X2's X1 told us that apparently the underwhelmed reaction from Instagram followers led the tattoo artist's business partner to ask her to take the pictures down, now, please, now, right now.

I think most women who've been around the block more than once have radar for the pathetic midlife crisis male. That leaves the women who have not been around the block and/or are mainly looking for material assistance as the dating pool for these guys. Not good odds.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

go ahead and shoot me.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hngPAdTl-As
Old 05-27-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Night at the Roxbury !!!!! That’s totally the look he has achieved .
Old 05-27-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

"He would rather have surface level fake relationships than honest relationships"

---

Yep. Sounds like active alcoholism. When alcohol takes center stage, lies, denial of all kinds (especially to self) and strange behavior is likely. How it gets expressed varies, yet there are common symptoms.

---

"Just so tired of dealing with the shell of a man that is left"

((((hugs))))
Old 05-27-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've seen women fall for this kind of guy and I swear it amazes me. Even me, with my codependent picker, I can still see through games and false pretenses, etc.

I often wonder if women prey on them to play their own games, as well. I see too many women trying way too hard in their 40s and 50s to 'catch a man' instead of looking for a partner to compliment their life and to enhance their joy.
It makes me sad because I've heard single friends in their 20s and 30s complain of this, as well. Not sure if it's a cultural thing, instead of an 'age' thing?
Old 05-27-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I almost want to say pray he catches a fish, but she might end up here years later. Maybe pray that he catches a like minded one?

I know it's not a funny situation, but you ladies gave me a good laugh
Old 05-27-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnrising View Post
Night at the Roxbury !!!!! That’s totally the look he has achieved .
Today my ex was sporting nails with jet-black polish (and I swear, a little rhinestone). The last person I saw up close with those was my roommate in my second year of undergrad who had a Goth phase in the 1980s. (They were also pretty chipped - all the money that isn't going to child support also isn't going to professional manicures, apparently).
Old 05-27-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh my goodness, he sounds terribly lost.

how old is he?

is he completely different from the man you married?
Old 05-27-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yup, middle age crisis men are the best.

XAH, almost 51, started to wear his earring again, plus “novelty graphic t-shirts” with some hipster band names. He bragged about getting compliments from cashiers in Whole
Foods on those shirts, as well as getting compliments on his youthful looks from multiple people. Converse in bright colors. Dude you ain’t fooling anyone. Bless his heart.

Keeps telling me that I look more and more professional every time
he sees me. It’s probably an insult in his eyes lol.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for giving me a laugh. My exah dyed his grey hair jet black after we split up. All it did was make him look like Hitler.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badlands View Post
oh my goodness, he sounds terribly lost.

how old is he?

is he completely different from the man you married?
He is 46 and i’m Not sure he’s all that different he was always obsessed with image I can just see it much more clearly now.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybird579 View Post
Thanks for giving me a laugh. My exah dyed his grey hair jet black after we split up. All it did was make him look like Hitler.
Oh my goodness, I almost peed my pants reading that !
Old 05-28-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Today my ex was sporting nails with jet-black polish (and I swear, a little rhinestone)..
Nail polish! That trend hasn't arrived here yet, except maybe for Pricilla Queen of the Desert devotees.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So...I shouldn't wear my true religion jeans to get a tattoo today?
Old 05-30-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nata1980 View Post
Yup, middle age crisis men are the best.

XAH, almost 51, started to wear his earring again, plus “novelty graphic t-shirts” with some hipster band names. He bragged about getting compliments from cashiers in Whole
Foods on those shirts, as well as getting compliments on his youthful looks from multiple people. Converse in bright colors. Dude you ain’t fooling anyone. Bless his heart.

Keeps telling me that I look more and more professional every time
he sees me. It’s probably an insult in his eyes lol.
OMG that is exactly how ex's fashion slide started. Earrings, hipster band t-shirts, bright red Converses - on someone in his mid-50s, who had been the pleated-Dockers-and-button-downs type until he busted loose. Then the blonde hair dye, Rocky Horror tattoos and mascara came out ...
Old 05-30-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
OMG that is exactly how ex's fashion slide started. Earrings, hipster band t-shirts, bright red Converses - on someone in his mid-50s, who had been the pleated-Dockers-and-button-downs type until he busted loose. Then the blonde hair dye, Rocky Horror tattoos and mascara came out ...
Oh dear 😳