Notices

Checking in to keep myself accountable

Old 05-26-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in to keep myself accountable

Hi all!

I love sharing and hearing about all of your stories. I like to post my victories (big or small) as well as my struggles to remind myself how far I’ve come and to hold myself accountable for my actions. You all keep me going and keep me honest.

Idk how many of you have followed any of my posts on here but I have posted a few times complaining about severe abdomen pain and swelling. The stomach was SO distended I felt like I looked 5 months pregnant. I had lost weight and muscle literally EVERYWHERE in my body except my stomach was getting larger by the day. I was very scared. A lot of you have said give it a month of sobriety and I should start seeing some changes. I was beginning to lose hope. 1 month in that much pain was the longest month of my life. I wanted to give up but I didn’t...

Today, I am 36 days sober and I swear it was like all of you said... 1 month to the day, my pain started significantly getting better... I am now in very minimal pain and I have lost 12 lbs of bloat! I am eating well, taking my vitamins, drinking tons of water and the bloat is melting away. I felt as if I was living in someone else’s body before and now I’m finally feeling like myself again. I have always had a slender body type and I suffer from body dysmorphic disorder so carrying around that extra weight was extremely hard on me mentally and physically. I feel encouraged and empowered. I never want to pick up that bottle again. Coming from someone who was consistently drinking 2-2.5 handles of vodka a week to completely abstaining from alcohol, I can tell you it’s so worth it to quit. If I can do it, you can do it! Just keep fighting everyone! We got this!

Love to you all! Have a great day! ❤️
Old 05-26-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done you!! Bet you look and feel fantastic!!! I’m only on day 8, looking forward to the bloat subsiding!! Be proud of yourself, you deserve this!!💕
Old 05-26-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmbyMarie View Post
Well done you!! Bet you look and feel fantastic!!! I’m only on day 8, looking forward to the bloat subsiding!! Be proud of yourself, you deserve this!!💕
Thank you, Amby! The bloat for me was the absolute worst. Hang in there! It got worse for me before it got better so don’t get discouraged. Just keep on going! Each day will get easier. Congrats on your 8 days! That’s amazing! Keep it up! You won’t regret it! You should be proud of yourself too! 😃💗
Old 05-26-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done I'm so so happy for you xxx
Old 05-26-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, you sound great!! Well done and thank you for sharing x x
Old 05-26-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So happy for you!!! I'm new here and am only on Day 5 so things are still a bit rough for me but thank you for sharing! It helps me! Congrats on 36 days! Right now...to me...thats a very long time! Praying I can do it too!
Old 05-27-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katlyne View Post
So happy for you!!! I'm new here and am only on Day 5 so things are still a bit rough for me but thank you for sharing! It helps me! Congrats on 36 days! Right now...to me...thats a very long time! Praying I can do it too!
Thank you!! I started posting on here on my Day 5 too and I saw people posting about being sober 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc... and I thought there was no way I could even make it another day. But I just kept thinking about how many people I would be hurting if I didn’t quit and the damage I was doing to my body. That’s what got me through... along with a good support system, some therapy and this site as well. Everyone here is amazing! It’s a safe and non-judgemental environment. I have shared things on here that I haven’t told anybody before and all I get back is support and love. You CAN do this! You will! Just keep going. One day at a time. The beginning can be excruciating but know, it only gets better from here. I promise! Message me any time if you feel like chatting 😊
Old 05-27-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caralara144 View Post
Well done I'm so so happy for you xxx
Thank you so much!
Old 05-27-2018, 12:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Wow, you sound great!! Well done and thank you for sharing x x
Thank you for the support!
Old 05-27-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations! Great to hear you're feeling better too You got this!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

What a great post! You sound fantastic! I also have bloat on a slender frame. I initially thought mine was due to alcohol, and a large portion probably was. However, I was inactive due to shoulder surgery and now foot surgery. I still have bloat and my doctor said it was chub! I can't wait until I can exercise. Your post inspired me!
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Dear,

Congratulations on getting physically clean.

Ime...the healing continues to this day.

As all of my ailments dissappear, the crave remains.

Waking up to go to work at 1 am is so much easier when I am not hungover.

I give off a new vibe these days. I am a winner.

Never drinking again.

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm really happy for you! Keep going!
Old 05-27-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's great! Keep at it.

Dive into sobriety fully, and you'll find that you will also lose your "emotional bloat", your "ego bloat", the "Bloated troubles" that tend to plague one's life of active drinking and the "bloated perceptual filter" that can cause us to see the world and ourselves in all kinds of twisted ways.

Getting physically well is just one of many, many enduring and beautiful benefits of sobriety.... may you discover them all!