Dangers of dealers

Old 05-24-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dangers of dealers

Has anyone else dealt with the aftermath of the addict in their life owing money to dealers?
Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My son, who has been missing lost in his addiction for years, annoyed the wrong people and I have spent my life low key when it comes to social medial. To find me would be a way to get to him. It's been many years now and I feel quite safe in my life now but am still cautious.

That said...my son played the "fear" card many many times. "If I don't pay my dealer, he will hurt me/kill me/hurt you!" as a way to extort money from me. I never fell for that one, I offered to go to the police with him or to send him to a rehab hundreds of miles away...and he was never concerned enough to take me up on that. Funny how that works.

It's a dark world they live in, but they know where the light switch is when they are ready to put down the drugs and get serious about getting clean. They still have choices.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And that is why one calls 911. Believe me, they will be interested in going after his dealer.

These are his choices, and also his consequences. Break free.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are chasing after his BS story about owing dealers and allowing yourself to get caught up in the chaos.

Did you get your car back? Did you file a police report that it was stolen?

What would it mean for you to accept that this story is only a way to extort money out of you?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WE don't deal with dealers. WE don't give dealers money. WE don't pay off anyone else's drug debts. if we feel threatened, WE call the police.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^^^

What Anvil said so well. Calling the police is a good call.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

This also happened to me a few years ago and I did help pay. I do believe my son was really scared and he did believe he was a target....until I helped pay. Sadly the issues continued. Sure Those people went away but other people filled the space... I should have said no, and told him to get help from the police. That being said, I also am trying, ( not always succeeding!) In not beating myself up for my decisions now or in the past in regards to my interactions with my son. We make the best decisions at the time. Hugs and prayers to you.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We were duped by a so-called friend. Our son was missing, and his "friend" was helping us find him. In reality, he saw how devastated we were, and he played on our emotions. He must be a psychopath, because he played the role so well . Anyway this guy actually had my husband riding around in one hell of a scary neighborhood, having my husband park down the block, and "friend" was going up to the dealers to ask if they'd seen our son. he'd come back and say to husband that son owed money, so husband would hand over the money to the "friend" who'd allegedly give it to the dealers and in turn would get info about last time they saw son, who he might be with etc. Now many months later, clean and working at a good job, son told me that he never owed anyone more than a few dollars, and "friend" was either paying off his own debts or buying drugs on my husband's money. Disgusting.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is really scary. I am so glad your son is well.