Notices

Weekender 24-28 May 2018 - recycling...

Old 05-24-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thumbs up Weekender 24-28 May 2018 - recycling...

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
*Ring Ring* Weekenders!

A wise sober man (Mecanix) wrote about a sober bike. We start with training wheels and move on to the next level of skill and balance.

So *Ring Ring* goes to bell as you make your way through this weekend!

Check in here and lets go for it!

If you wobble or fall ring your bell and get back up and on.

If you don’t and are getting a pace ring that bell and share as well!

Love you weekenders! You rock!

Ken
re-cycle...geddit?

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
*RING RING*

The first bell call is one to say wake up , what are you doing ? , you are alive . The second bell ringing is that of the freedom bell where all of us sober guys n gals get to share in it's call to all of those who want to hear it's message , freedom from drugs and booze is possible should you want it , come join us
I'm reaching back into the annals to give a shout out and say thanks to the guys who I think started the weekender thread idea - Weasel and Mecanix - thanks guys ...and ring ring

D
Old 05-24-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shotgun!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning! Im on.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
*Ring Ring* Weekenders!

A wise sober man (Mecanix) wrote about a sober bike. We start with training wheels and move on to the next level of skill and balance.

So *Ring Ring* goes to bell as you make your way through this weekend!

Check in here and lets go for it!

If you wobble or fall ring your bell and get back up and on.

If you don’t and are getting a pace ring that bell and share as well!

Love you weekenders! You rock!

Ken

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
re-cycle...geddit?

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
*RING RING*

The first bell call is one to say wake up , what are you doing ? , you are alive . The second bell ringing is that of the freedom bell where all of us sober guys n gals get to share in it's call to all of those who want to hear it's message , freedom from drugs and booze is possible should you want it , come join us

I'm reaching back into the annals to give a shout out and say thanks to the guys who I think started the weekender thread idea - Weasel and Mecanix - thanks guys ...and ring ring

D
Best post.
LOVE the re-cycle D.....thank you so much!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 05-24-2018, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good morning. Thanks Dee.
freedom from drugs and booze is possible
I can attest to that! As I'm sure many of us here can. We are the living proof. Rock on.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!

I’m in!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In.

Under, "Workouts that are a waste of time..."

If you are someone who just reads along, welcome! If you are struggling with sobriety, jump in...the water's nice. We don't bite and nothing is off-topic.

I'll be sober till Monday. How 'bout you? This thread is a bit of fun and a bit of serious support to help us all make it through without a drink/drug.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am in.

Thank you for this recycling, Dee.

I need to do some recycling too.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OX

I am in since it’s never too early to start thinking weekend. That word would mean imminent intoxication for me and my SO. So excited for a few hours of ups and two days of downs. Happy for a level headed approach to this coming weekend. No feeling of fire in my blood. No instant rage. No panic due to diminishing reserves.
Weekend! After 2 days of work
Old 05-24-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Bigshoe!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is a big weekend for those in the USA...Memorial Day Weekend. In the past this was always a day where I could get drunk and not feel guilty since lots of people were also doing it. It's hard to believe that I wrote this in a post just 17 days ago:

"I have to admit...I am planning to have a family party the end of this month to celebrate my son's birthday as well as Memorial Day, and the thought of not drinking at this party is REALLY difficult for me. It's a perfect storm of triggers: My family, my mother in law, barbecue, a special event and almost everyone else drinking (in moderation, no one in my family drinks like me, except a cousin whon I probably won't invite). The thought even occurred to me that maybe I could drink "just for that party". I don't know how I'll get through it without drinking but I desperately want to!"

I was only on day 2 sober when I wrote that. By the end of that day my mindset had changed thanks to the overwhelming support and replies from people on this forum. That's all I needed: To be virtually smacked in the face and told "That's your AV talking, you can absolutely stay sober that party, and you know you need to..."

Now, with the party 2 days away, I am not only free of that awful ambivalence about doing it sober, I'm looking forward to it! I have cases of sparkling water in all kinds of flavors for me to drink. I have several activities lined up for the day including adult coloring books (every time I say that it sounds X rated lol), other crafts, and I ordered one of those giant outdoor Jenga games from Amazon.

This forum is the only reason I was able to push past that thought that I needed to drink "just for the party". Thank you everyone!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm on! These holiday weekends drain my energy. I am going to take it easy on my emotional self because I can get very anxious around partying people. Uggg!
Old 05-24-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeah Chloe, I'm not a fan of people who are obviously having too many.

I prefer small groups or just one other person. As a matter of fact I've structured my life to be pretty solitary. People in general wear me out. Small doses are enough really.

Parties - isn't there a thread about dealing with holidays somewhere? I have no idea where to even look for it - but I bet someone will bump it up this weekend.

When I go to social events, I show up late and leave early. No one cares or remembers, I'm pretty sure. While there I try to stay at the edges and observe...so unlike drinking me who had to be the center of attention with my, "witty intelligence."

*cringe*
Old 05-24-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In! Thanks for the remind, I need to start training for a cycling event in July...

Have a great weekend, off to see what is playing at the drive-in this weekend.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love these weekender posts!
I'm taking the baby to visit my folks about 5 hours away while the husband works the long weekend. My dad has a well-stacked liquor cabinet and I'm nervous about being around it in the evenings when I'm tired and vulnerable. I appreciate the support and strength of everyone! This is my first day 12 since probably before 2010 (my doctor encouraged me to have the occasional glass of wine during pregnancy, so I didn't even get this far pregnant) and I more than absolutely any freaking thing do not want to set that clock back to zero!
Hope everyone has fun plans for... Well, the holiday in the US and the weekend elsewhere!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you for the thread, Dee! I'm in. Memorial day weekend usually means crazy busy at the state park, but with 80% chance of rain, we'll see. I'll be renting out kayaks, canoes and paddleboards in the beach house. Grateful to be kept busy. Been giving quitting smoking some hard thinking too. See if I can't cut it to 5 a day or something this weekend.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have been thinking the same goodbyeevan about smoking, really noticing it now on the health side with doing more sober and feel the time is coming that I seriously make an attempt.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant. I only smoke now at parties. I consider it my trade out for drinking.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders, count me in! I’m so happy I can be here with you. Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Ah, cigarettes. I was a heavy smoker for about 7 years but I quit completely a few years ago... I’m not sure why but it wasn’t much of a struggle quitting - not like with alcohol... I started tapering off for a few weeks till I went to one cig a day and then I stopped. Funny, it wasn’t so long ago, but it feels like such a distant memory; sometimes I’m forgetting that I’ve ever smoked. I wonder if I’m ever gonna feel like that about my drinking... eh I wish...
Old 05-24-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

That she like a really fun party, BrandNewDay!