Notices

-Guirity Gearu- Hello All glad to meet you

Old 05-23-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

-Guirity Gearu- Hello All glad to meet you

Hey all, thought I would go ahead and sign up for the forums, sometimes I would go ahead let me my habits get the better of me and drink cheap beer a lot. So sometimes I need to take breaks.

Last year my liver was inflammed from cheap liquor so I went on a 3 month hiatus and was quite proud. I had anxiety was moody and was pretty touchy but overall the recovery went quite smooth thanks to intake of Vitamin C and lots of water!

I recently started feeling similar symptoms but the pain was not nearly as often as it was last year in my side so I decided to take a break pre-emptively before it got worse. And wow oh my lanta.

Anxiety attacks are up the wazoo. I couldn't sleep that well last night and was like violently twitchy. My energy levels would like spurt up and I would twist and turn.

I feel like my I am in someone else's head right now and I don't like it, like everything is fuzzy and I feel like the brain in my head is not mine. This is awful, I don't understand I have taken breaks before and its never been like this. I am on day 8 of sobriety.

No hallucinations yet but just a lot of weird thoughts that I wouldn't normally think of.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Great job on day 8. Im back to day 2. My anxiety level is through the roof. Keep going forward.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome GuirityGearu

there's this thin g called alcoholic kindling which basically means our withdrawals get worse the longer we drink.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...lly-again.html (Tolerance and kindling - Why alcoholics can't drink normally again)

I'm not a doctor and I couldn't diagnose you over the web even if I was, but its an idea worth considering I think?

If you think you're gettign worse rather than better or you're concerned about anything it's probably worth seeing a Dr?

D
Old 05-24-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. I hope you are able to get help from a doctor and that you keep posting here. Warm thoughts of healing to you.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome to SR. I hope you decide to quit for good. As Dee points out, each time we quit, the withdrawals will get worse and worse. Stay close to SR. I hope we can help you keep sober for good! Hang in there. It will get better.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anxiety is alcoholism starting to get impatient with your new life choices. Wait till the depression kicks in!

That's alcoholism taking out the big guns to convince you why you drank in the first place.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to have you join us, Guirity. Congratulations on making the decision to change your life - you'll never regret it.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Here's the National Institute of Health (US Government) article about why withdrawal keeps getting worse:

Kindling - NIH
Old 05-24-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going GuirityGearu?

D