Notices

Day 3 Done. Time to try to quit for the 3rd time this year.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 Done. Time to try to quit for the 3rd time this year.

Back again The last time I posted here I was drunk and telling everyone I wanted to quit. I eventually found the courage to go again and here I am at day 3.

I've quit 3 times this year. Once for 60 days, another for 40 and there may have been a few little ones in there.

Feeling great and it feels much easier to the last time. Absolutely 0 issues at all. The previous attempts were after a long period of drinking but these slip ups are short binges so my theory is the withdrawal is non existent.

I told myself I am not going to come back here until I had a few days under my belt because I didn't want to rely on the community to convince me not to drink. I needed to come to that conclusion on my own.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done you!! You got this! Keep up the positive attitude, you are going places my friend!! Congrats on these sober days!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go, and keep doing things to maintain sobriety! I find that day 3 (as a binge drinker, this would be day 3 after a major bender) can be the hardest. You think you should feel totally better but don’t, but still feel better enough to have creeping thoughts... glad to hear you’re doing well!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back 16 - got a plan for going on with?

D
Old 05-23-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Im on day 2 after 60 days sober.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back 16 - got a plan for going on with?

D
Yep. My plan is to continue to learn from past mistakes and go again. Anxiety is my Achilles heel. Alcohol is the medication of choice during anxious situations. That's where I tend to slip. I need to learn alternative methods of dealing with my anxiety.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tonymblue View Post
Congratulations. Im on day 2 after 60 days sober.
Congrats Tony. I slipped at 60 too. Glad you're back on the horse
Old 05-24-2018, 01:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
Yep. My plan is to continue to learn from past mistakes and go again. Anxiety is my Achilles heel. Alcohol is the medication of choice during anxious situations. That's where I tend to slip. I need to learn alternative methods of dealing with my anxiety.
Glad you are here.

Not to put more words in Dee's mouth, my question would be the same as his - what is your plan? By that I can say that what I mean is an action plan not based on just learning from past mistakes so to speak (there is actually a part of the BB that addresses just this concept)...So literally, we need just what you said "alternative methods" [than drinking] to deal with anxiety, and life as a whole.

Mine is AA- plus a great psych, plus a strong support system, plus maintenance meds, plus good self-care, plus...people have different programs of choice, but the vast majority of us find a tangible IRL plan (some use just SR, as they can share) to be a critical component of getting- and STAYING- sober and living in recovery.

Best to you. Hope you make this your last start.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you are here.

Not to put more words in Dee's mouth, my question would be the same as his - what is your plan? By that I can say that what I mean is an action plan not based on just learning from past mistakes so to speak (there is actually a part of the BB that addresses just this concept)...So literally, we need just what you said "alternative methods" [than drinking] to deal with anxiety, and life as a whole.

Mine is AA- plus a great psych, plus a strong support system, plus maintenance meds, plus good self-care, plus...people have different programs of choice, but the vast majority of us find a tangible IRL plan (some use just SR, as they can share) to be a critical component of getting- and STAYING- sober and living in recovery.

Best to you. Hope you make this your last start.
I don't have a psych, and there's no option for one either I'm afraid. I have a good support network, but my family don't see my drinking as a problem. I'm on anxiety medications.

I wouldn't attend AA. That's a personal choice. I'm a stoic man and a recluse by choice. I'm not one to share my weaknesses, or personal history, with people in real life. Tbh I hate other people ha ha. I like how I can remain anonymous and get support from others going through a similar situation.

Right now I'm back exercising, and eating good. I'm working solid on my projects and keeping clients happy. I am finding life enjoyable and finding my productivity has shot through the roof. Almost done day 4 and still feeling fantastic. I am seeing a completely different withdrawal process with this one. Although I slipped up many times those slip ups are the reason why I'm finding it much easier.

To me a slip up means I wasn't mentally strong enough to deal with the withdrawal. It means there's still issues in my life that are causing me to want to drink. When that happens for me it's a time to reflect and change. No amount of support, or money spent, is going to fix my alcoholism until I'm actually ready to deal with it myself.

And that's where I'm at now. I'm ready to deal with it.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Good for you 16 years. Hang in there. You got this!