Notices

I wanna kick alcohol’s ass!!!

Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wanna kick alcohol’s ass!!!

Roll on day 5! Finally slept well last night, but think the melatonin had a hand in that🙂. For the first time in my life, after 15 years of binge drinking 2-3 days a week, I AM DONE!! I have never had more will power than I do now! I HATE alcohol for what it has done to me and taken from me. And I HATE the moments that it stole from memories that should have been made with my kids. I hate the way I would base my days of the week on when I could get drunk. I hate that it was always in the back of my mind. I HATE YOU DRINK!!! Glad I figured this out at 35, I will BEAT you alcohol!! I am feeling strong!!!! I choose to not drink today with all of you!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great enthusiasm! Good job on your first days. I know I (and many of us around here) had to start a program of action to get and stay sober then live in recovery- have you thought about AA, or another plan? I have found peace- not a battle- in my recovery thanks to my strong program, and am just past 27 mo now.

Glad you are here.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Will Power ... that guy always let me down, especially when I was sure I was in complete control.

I'm now over 4 years Clean & Sober, which is a Miracle. Turns out that guy Will Power did better with guidance from 'Higher Power'.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Old 05-23-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice work!!!

Gentle ‘coaching’ on offer here; consider turning the HATE into acceptance.

Consider letting go the anger and simply allowing what was to have been and welcoming what IS with gratitude.

Consider dwelling not in the frustration toward alcohol but rather in the beauty of sobriety.

I’ve found this to be incredibly powerful and - for me - a much deeper and more rewarding approach to sobriety.

Well done!! Keep at it!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good for you....and in time we find it best to cease fighting
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement! I want to get past the anger and move on to the acceptance of the situation, but it’s so hard to not be disgusted. 5 days in and I hope my liver is healing okay. It’s time to take care of me! Onwards and upwards!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Ah, acceptance. Such a big word in this context. IME it is made up of two main things. An understanding of the exact nature of the problem, and action on the solution. Trying to do one without the other s almost a form of denial.