Notices

Lying about not driking, with some confusion.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lying about not driking, with some confusion.

I decided to quit drinking for the month of January and kept it going till i relapsed on March 3rd. I have 80 days sober again today. Over the weekend i have had family over, and they commented on my appearance. They told me i look different and really good, then i got asked if i'm still drinking. I said that i am still drinking but just changed my diet. When i was drinking i constantly lied that i wasn't, now that am not, i lie that I do!

The only reason why i can assume that i'm doing it, is too set myself up for failure. I don't want to fail, but if I tell family that I quit, i would feel more pressure, and it would feel like im quitting for someone else. Its super weird, if that made any sense at all.

But on the other hand, I am never drinking again, so i have no idea why I am lying that i am. This is super confusing. I am known as the family drunk, and quitting an 18 a day beer habit, has drastically changed my appearance in the last 6 months. It is getting difficult to hide that i am not drinking. I am super confused on why im scared to tell people i quit, when it would make them so proud. Any input on this odd behavior?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You may not want to be accountable to them in case you decide to drink again so in my opinion yes your AV is laying in wait for you.

80 days is great. I hope you find your way. I struggle with this as well i goes i don't wan to be different in a world full of booze when you say you don't drink it raise reds flags. ( that you are an alcoholic) which iam so i guess i would make sense to just give up dieting and just change my lifestyle and get done with this. (rambling about something Dee said in another post)

Anyways hang in there not drinking is the way for you and from.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi cotwo. That is your AV trying to leave the door open. That sneaky bugger is trying to plan a way to make you relapse. If you tell your family that you quit, for good, you are shutting that door. It makes you accountable to your family. That is a big step to take. It is hard. I have been there. Those conditional statements are the easy way out (I am not drinking... today, right now, this month, etc.) Keep at it. Cut that AV of at every turn.