Notices

I like what I saw here

Old 05-22-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I like what I saw here

I am obvious new here. I stumbled on to this site after an heated argument with my husband after a day of drinking. It was my day off, that's the only time when I drank. I don't have a traditional Monday thru Friday job so my weekends are not the same with my spouse. So I felt it's ok to drink on "my" days off.
I came across the form, "What I don't miss.." Wow. It became clear that every thing that I have done was what people had done as well.
I am a binge drinker. I do not crave alcohol nor need to have it every day but when I do, I can drink up to 8 beers during that day. It was uplifting to know there are people who experienced the same.
I do not like AA. I never got anything out of it. Good for those who do. I am glad others find it comforting.
I have not drank for going on 8 days now. It is not usual for me not to drink for 6 months or more so therefore I get the false feeling of not having a problem. Lol. I am going to continue reading and posting when necessary on this site.
Thank you for all who share their experiences and words of encouragement. I will be taking it one day at a time.

Last edited by LivinInLV; 05-22-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: errors
Old 05-22-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you will continue to read and post. There is a wealth of experience and support on this board.

I'm not an AA person either and you will see different approaches to recovery as you look around here. The main thing is to find something that works for you.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I loved coming home tonight after work. Husband decided to ask how often do I vacuum? Once a week or if some else does it that week then I don't, I responded. We have lived in our house close to 20 yrs. and yes we need to replace it. He stated he's gonna rip up the carpeting cause its not healthy. Ok but I want new flooring right away. Knowing how we both are the floor will sit as concrete for years. There are a few of unfinished projects that have been this way for 7 years and I don't want my living room to be one of them. "You don't care about our health!" Ah, yes I do. "No you don't !" You can not tell me that I do not care!
Then he proceeds to tell me that I have not done a thing to get my life together with my drinking. What?!!! You have no idea what I have been doing cause you do not see my actions in this past week. You are not here. I told him all that I have done to take care of myself. The look on his face was shock. I don't think he thought I would follow through with it. His demeanor changed. First time he didn't have something to fire back at me.
I can't say I wasn't triggered And I didn't drink. At least this time I will remember this conversation.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR LivinInLV

D