Notices

Another day

Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day

Another day ticked off my list. Hoping to go all the way now. I'v noticed I am irritable and angry alot. I was never previously like this and I am snapping at everyone. I want this to change because I want my children to have a happy mummy.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Irritability is pretty common for a couple of weeks. Try thinking about all the good things in your life, like your kids. You can be that happy mummy
D
Old 05-22-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

You are doing fantasticly Lola and should be very proud. I am at 23 days and the grumpy me has been making more of an appearence than normal too. In the first few weeks I was doing more exercise and also using music to change my mood. Sometimes I would put on some angry music and sing at the top of my voice, quite often I would realise I am not as angry as I thought and certainly glad I wasn't as angry as the singer lol. Or I would put on some happy songs and after a while eventually forgot I was angry. Not sure if avoiding dealing with why I think I am grumpy is the right thing to do but for me concentrating on not drinking today and giving myself a bit of sober time under my belt feels more important to start with and I can tackle the harder stuff when I have had a little time away from the wine feelings. Keep it up Lola xx
Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pretty common- meetings help calm me down..support to you
Old 05-22-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I suppose it will just take some time. I am totally into this sobriety and I hope I will continue down this road. Today I went and purchased a lovely new gazebo for my garden out of the money I have saved this week from not drinking. I am very happy with that. My health is playing havoc on me with a prior condition so I may need to attend a&e tomorrow after work
Old 05-22-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
totfit

Totally normal unfortunately. Exercise and healthy eating and more exercise helps. Those two things are still keys for me personally functioning happily.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I find the more I accept that I won't drink again, the more content I am. The more content, the less irritable. I have learned that my abstinence is not contingent on my mood, happy or not. And being happy is really just a fleeting thing....being content however is more permanent...a bit anyway
Old 05-22-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lola, I hope you feel better.

I'm glad you're doing well with sobriety and try to manage the irritability and know that it's just part of the process. Things will improve.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lola. Sorry about the grumpies. It will pass. Your brain is trying to find the magic mixture of all those things like dopamine and serotonin, etc, that alcohol disrupts. It does take time, but it will get better.

For me I have to be very deliberate about practising gratitude. It may be helpful to keep a gratitude journal or list. Also, exercise is the only thing that can help me when I absolutely can not get out of that funk.

You are doing great. Keep going.