Notices

One week no alcohol

Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week no alcohol

Good morning everyone, I have always received a boost when I read other people's progress at different time intervals. Thought I would post my thoughts on perceived improvements in seven days no alcohol.

Mood is drastically improved; I woke up at 3 am, but instead of anxiety, I was thinking about how much I love my dog. Nice change from panicky thoughts and self-recrimination! My skin looks visibly better, and my SO commented on Sunday that my eyes "look really bright"--I have to agree. Wine made my sugar cravings surge, it has a negative effect on my blood sugar that makes me eat WAY more than I usually do. Instead I wanted healthier foods, which in turn helped me feel a lot better. Also I have had the energy to exercise the past four days; when I'm lying around with wine, I am hit or miss with my exercise classes.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on one week, janesober!

Thank you for sharing.

I found journaling my daily improvements helpful, especially when my AV would try convincing me that drinking was such a good idea.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations janesober. If you can excuse the horrible pun-a week with alcohol will make one weak.

Keep going. Imagine how much better you will feel after 4 weeks, 8 weeks, and more!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Great job on one week, janesober!

Thank you for sharing.

I found journaling my daily improvements helpful, especially when my AV would try convincing me that drinking was such a good idea.
Thank you Opivotal! I have been 'mentally' journaling the ways in which alcohol makes me feel poorly, I should take your advice and commit those thoughts (as well as my positive ones) to paper!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Haha Chase, I like your pun! I am beginning a new job at the very end of June--that's a huge motivation for starting last week to have no alcohol. I want to be very clear and leveled for this opportunity, and intend on not drinking once the job actually starts. Summer may (will probably be) trying in terms of no alcohol, but I worked very hard for many years to make this change even possible--I have every intention to make the most of this life change! Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. Best to you!