Notices

What to expect

Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to expect

Hello everyone. I am thr partner of a recent quitter. Its been 17 days and he’s doing well. Started drinking 0.0% beer at same rate as alcoholized beer.
I am still aware he has many selfish thoughts, black and white. I understand he is going throufh a lit emotionally and physically, but I am hoping this will improve with time.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I friend of mine is similar. I stay with him and his family when I am in NZ. At one point things were looking serious. His wife was very concerned and on the verge of leaving. I was asked to help, but wasn’t able to do much. Then my friend decided to moderate. He drinks na beer, and brews his own 2% beer. He has been doing this for two years, and on my last stay I could not see any signs of active alcoholism. Family relationships seemed fine as well.

It is a fact that a real alcoholic cannot moderate like this. If he tries, there will be all kinds of problems, not least of which will be an eventual loss of control.

For a time my friend looked like a real alcoholic. But he was able to moderate, so he can’t have been like me after all.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome tplw

If your husband doing anything for his recovery - AA or anything?

I'm not a fan of NA beer cos it led me back to the real thing but you'll find sober people here who use them.

good to have you join us

D