Notices

9 Weeks Sober

Old 05-15-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 Weeks Sober

9 weeks sober and to be honest I'm loving it... Everyday is a new eye opening experience, I do sometimes feel an odd urge to grab a drink and experience some anxiety, however my mental state for positivity always outweighs these urges. Yes I do get bored at times too and that's when I can think about the times when I was out my face, but consciously speaking those past events were pure false, illusionary excitement, a mere facade of my actual life...

I look at people getting smashed in the hot weather and I feel so happy that I can clearly see the true beauty of living, just breathing in air, watching the birds in the sky and forming pure visualisations together with having clear thoughts, just two features that are the true essence of life which we sadly ignore, take for granted or forget exist owing to our abandonment to the deadly bottle or drug/s.

I do believe that this is just the start and things will get even better in all other parts of my life and I will not derail.

Anyone that wants to talk who may need support from me then please send me a message.

Either way, good luck to you all. Love Patrick
Old 05-15-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Patrick
good to have you here - congrats on 9 weeks

D
Old 05-15-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You Rock!!!
Old 05-15-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

😊😉
Old 05-15-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and thank you so much. Loved this post and I can't wait to have that much sober time under my belt.

Congrats and please share more. Can you tell us anything about your story?

Thanks and welcome again.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,

You will get to 9 weeks, you have to accept one day at a time, each day is like one brick towards the construction of a house, mine is nowhere near complete yet, however it's looking more that way as each day passes by. Remember this building never stops going higher, so the sky in this instance is not the limit, as it is limitless.

I do have my challenges, however I enjoy facing them and sticking the V sign up to the bottle, as that is a mugs game and once you have a sip I know that this will open the door to self-destruction, my cautious mind at past and present will go out of the window and the unachievable things will be falsely attainable owing to my stupor. For instance I believed that gambling on fruit machines I could win the £100.00 jackpot and I would be up financially, however the majority of the time I was putting up to £300.00 plus to win that, therefore I was always walking away at a loss. The drink blinkered my vision, took away the inhibitions, the consequences and me from reality until unpaid bills came my way.

Yes I was a fool, a sad figure of a person, a total jerk, however I was also the only one that could change it, and guess what I have and so can you. If this past fool can do it then you all can, I am nothing special, just a man that see's the error in is ways and no longer blames the world for his downfall.

None of you beat yourselves up, as life is tough especially if you are lonely or in a dark place, but remember how many times have we had setbacks and thought "how the hell am I going to get out of this one!" We've all been there and had moments like that, however we are still here later, therefore when an issue arises you are likely to overcome it, so don't stress, just think of the ways to surmount it, talk, there is a lot of help out there, yes it is a fight, however life was never written down as being easy and straightforward. For instance if you have debts then talk to your creditors, they legally have to listen to your situation and work a plan that is affordable to you, it may not be ideal, however it's a way that stops you burying your head in the sand and you again are facing your circumstances head on, and that shows strength and character that not a lot of people have. It's not ideal, and as said life is not ideal, but at least you are honourable and can look any person in the face with pride and self-worth.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

each day is like one brick towards the construction of a house, mine is nowhere near complete yet, however it's looking more that way as each day passes by. Remember this building never stops going higher, so the sky in this instance is not the limit, as it is limitless.

I like this PP. I'm going to remember it.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mr

Congrats PP
Old 05-18-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you shared~
And it made me laugh about the summer drinkers - my husband and i wanted Mexican the other wkd after yoga (ha) and didn't realize it was Cinco de Mayo!!! We enjoyed our Cinco No Drinko eating a lot of cheese dip and people watched- so fun.