Notices

Boredom

Old 05-13-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boredom

12 weeks clean today but boredom has been gaining momentum something chronic....

Went through the murky, foggy brain stage then the excited stage now just flat and feel like I am being punished for doing something positive/ridiculously hard.

Feel more isolated now then when I was a raging boozehag.

Any pearls of wisdom (please no cliches) !
Old 05-13-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

well, just as you went thru the murky phase, then the excited phase, see this bit of a lull as just another phase. it has a beginning, a middle and an end. this is still early recovery, it's not a straight line....and it's damn hard work, isn't it??

just keep doing the next right thing.....don't drink, no matter what. adhere to the program or plan of your choice. eat well, rest often, hydrate.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Use this time to work on a solution to your bordem problem. I bet there is ALOT of things you can do that will actually be productive.

Personally I need to buy new cloths, i hate cloths shopping but I can't keep walking around in my old booze shirts and shorts. My shoes are all worn out also.

My shed needs reorganising. I hate doing it. But I feel SO much better and energized when I organise it completely.

My website needs updating, I hate doing it but, but it brings in people To my work.

Sometimes bordem and laziness can be two best buddies that kick YOU out of your life.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Porcetta, 12 weeks of sobriety is terrific!

I would ask you if you've made other changes in your life besides stopping drinking? Of course not drinking is the priority, but I had to make lifestyle changes to support my recovery. What do you do for relaxation and fun? Maybe you can add something to your life that you will enjoy.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would suggest volunteering somewhere. Great way to spend your time, get to know new people, and give back to your community.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 12 weeks Porcetta! Getting outside, walking, swimming ...and going to the gym has been a lifesaver for me. Just know that it will get easier as time goes by. Find anything to do that you enjoyed before drinking was a hobby.

CT
Old 05-13-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a gift.... to have the time, space and presence to be BORED!!

Enjoy!!
Old 05-13-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Porcetta, 12 weeks of sobriety is terrific!

I would ask you if you've made other changes in your life besides stopping drinking? Of course not drinking is the priority, but I had to make lifestyle changes to support my recovery. What do you do for relaxation and fun? Maybe you can add something to your life that you will enjoy.
Thanks Anna & others for your input. Will have a hard think on this.

You can be busy and still get bored ;p