Notices

What happened last night?

Old 05-12-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What happened last night?

This question has been a reoccurring one for too long now. I知 finished with this lifestyle. I知 tired of waking up with cuts, bangs and bruises that I cannot explain the next day. Not only am I a drunk, I知 a very uncoordinated and clumsy one.
I知 making an ass out of myself in front of my husband and friends. The kicker is, I don稚 remember any of it.
I don稚 know what happened last night, but I feel it. I hope I didn稚 do to much damage to the side of my head, because ouch.
Just last week I fell so hard I thought I might have had internal bleeding. I could not breath. Nope, I just bruised my rib cage and lung.
I have been through treatment before, but now I feel I知 really ready.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Whescomeundone. Very glad you found us.

There is an exponentially better to life - that way is sobriety and recovery!

You may benefit from a Plan for Recovery!

Here is a link to a great thread:

SR https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...highlight=Psst (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

You may want to consider joining an SR Class, too:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-one.html
Old 05-12-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome SCU. You need never feel like this again.

I have various scars on my head from drinking, including a gash in the middle of my forehead. That was the worst because it was so obvious for months afterwards. The scar has now faded and isn't really noticeable but it reminds me of what drinking can do to me every time I look in the mirror.

You'll find lots of support and good advice here.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome to SR. You've come to the right place to help with sobriety and recovery. Stay close, reading the threads and posting as much as you feel. We understand and we care.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and all the best on your way to a sober you.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you've decided to get sober. I hope our support can help you.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, ShesComeUndone!

Blackouts became a deal breaker for me. I was so tired of trying to piece together what I did or said. I also had bruises everywhere. No clue how I got them. My drinking was out of control.

I couldn't be happier with my life now. Sobriety is the best choice I ever made.

So happy you joined us. You can do this!
Old 05-12-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Reminds me of my last Sunday morning hangover. Woke up sick and decoded ro do something about it and for once, actually did.

I picked up the phone and called the AA number, went to see a recovered alcoholic that afternoon, and was at my first meeting ( on a voluntary basis) that night. It was a turning point. I turned away from an alcoholic death and toward a spiritual life. Haven’t needed to drink since.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've got quite a few scars from my blackout drinking that will never go away(knees,hands,ect..) and broke my ribs before. Knowing that I'll never do that(and a lot of other crap) again is what's kept me sober for over a year
Old 05-12-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, I'm a newbie here as well but we can begin this journey together!

Blackouts were the bane of my existence when I was drinking. I dreaded waking up to the tornado of "who-what-where-when-why-how?" questions, especially because I was always one to do things out of my character when blackout drunk. Couldn't even explain why I did what I did half of the time. Absolutely terrible feeling. One of my biggest motivators to quit.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome shescomeundone

I do not miss the uncertainty of not knowing what happened last night or the unexplained bruises etc I'd have.

I love my life now - I reckon you will too

ps great song btw

D
Old 05-12-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery Shescomeundone! I can relate so much to waking up banged, bruised and injured. Sometimes I'd remember why, other time I wouldn't. It's ridiculous and an awful feeling, yet at the same time its just one of the many, many downsides to binge drinking. You will find so much support here, we all want the same thing and many have achieved long term sobriety and their wisdom is priceless.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi SCU! Your screen name describes me when I first signed on here. I was falling apart too - blacking out - lying to cover up for not remembering stuff. I used to hate it when people would talk about things I said or did. It had turned me into a stranger. In the end, it was dangerous and frightening. It's so good to be free. We're glad you're here.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think I had 5 different times over 2 years of "that's it, I can't do this anymore, this is it!" but i still went back to drinking.

This time I've had some kind of epiphany. My father alway told me "your drinking will never stop unless something clicks on your head"

All those other clicks were just periods to regain my health so I can start drinking again. This time I just want a new life.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Story of my life
Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and looking towards something better (and it IS better, much much better) for yourself.

BB
Old 05-12-2018, 11:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

I relate to what you share about wondering what on earth I did under the influence. The bruises, I often burnt my hands as I liked to cook drunk. Not a sensible idea at all.

I still get the occasional bruise now but I always know how I got it and is always in the course of doing something productive such as taking care of my home.

Living sober is better in a million ways.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Welcome! I too have injured myself lots and have no memory of how. One minute I am having my first drink, then I wake up on the sofa at 3am trying to work out where I am, why am I not in bed? As I get up and walk to my bedroom the music from addigio for strings (that was in the movie platoon) starts playing in my head as I observe the total carnage and broken things and smashed glasses on the way there, racking my brains on how the heck that happened, I get to the bathroom and look in the mirror and more bruises and cuts, the shame, the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, tring to find the phone to see if I called anyone...and the inevitable hiding with the curtains shut for a few days after.

Life is so much better without alcohol and I wish you the best of luck on the start of your journey to sobriety xx
Old 05-13-2018, 02:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Same here - on Day 1 today and have had my fair share of bruises, twisted knees and even a broken finger. Look frantically through social media to see what I've said. hoping I haven't made a complete fool of myself. Can't remember what I watched, said or did. Crappy isn't it?

I'm tired too, fed up with watching my life slip through my fingers. A few weeks back I tried to quit and felt so depressed that I could no longer drink. Now I feel a flicker of hope that I can maybe make it. Let's lean on each other.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome . Stick around, absorb yourself in many great threads that are on here and best of luck on your journey