Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there who are doing an amazing job raising your children in the face of adversity, or being a single Mom.

And also to all the Dads out there who have to do double-time as both a father and a mother, kudos and blessings to you!!

Have a great weekend!!

COD
Old 05-11-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there who are doing an amazing job raising your children in the face of adversity, or being a single Mom.

And also to all the Dads out there who have to do double-time as both a father and a mother, kudos and blessings to you!!

Have a great weekend!!

COD
Have a Happy Mother's Day COD! You get double holiday-Father's Day is next month-- silver linings haha.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, Happy Mothers Day Mamas!! Pet Mama's!! And DadsthatwearMamahatstoo!!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms...and the Dads!!!!

Thanks COD!!!!
Old 05-11-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks COD!

Happy Mother's Day mamas. I hope it's a good one
Old 05-13-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

H states that fathers only need a high five once a year. COD, I give you a high five for all you do.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Happy human-mother's day, pet-mother's day, and Dad-who-stands-in-for-Mom day!
Old 05-13-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sitting here wondering why no one has mentioned step-mothers who work really hard to be a positive, loving, respectful (sober if the alcoholic) part of kids lives, and the whole family life - IRL and on this thread
Old 05-13-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Sitting here wondering why no one has mentioned step-mothers who work really hard to be a positive, loving, respectful (sober if the alcoholic) part of kids lives, and the whole family life - IRL and on this thread
They were. Right here:
"Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there who are doing an amazing job raising your children "

Old 05-14-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I got over my self-pity about this, but I don't think that line includes "me." I suppose I take that one literally and it doesn't apply.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I got over my self-pity about this, but I don't think that line includes "me." I suppose I take that one literally and it doesn't apply.
That's interesting. I would think it would apply, as in I wouldn't have thought twice about it not applying to you.

I guess it has to do with how you view "step" relationships. Some people would call and think of their step siblings as just that. To others they are just their Sister or Brother.

Although, with siblings there isn't much chance of stepping on someones toes, which could be the case with a step-Mother or Father so there is that separation when speaking/referring to and in a practical way?

I'm not a step-parent and never had one, so i'm just talking off the top of my head here August, I see your point of view now. I still think it applies to you though and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I didn't think I had to list all the possible variations of what a "Mother" is - I was applying it across the board to any woman who is taking care/responsible for/raising a child - be it aunt, grandmother, adoptive parent, step-parent, older sibling, cousin, etc., etc.

Just wanted to send out a nice gesture, not start a debate.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My aunt always wishes me a happy Mother’s day, just because she knows what I do both in my job (working with kids) and volunteering and just how I am with her son( my favorite guy, ever). So I’m all for the broad brush. Not to diminish AT ALL what Mother’s do, it just feels lovely when occasionally someone gives a shoutout to those of us who are... mother-ly.

Thanks cod!