Change of Focus

Old 05-10-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Change of Focus

Change of focus

Don’t waste your time complaining about what brings you down. Instead, get yourself away from it in whatever way you can.

If you’re in a negative pattern, break the pattern by establishing a new, more meaningful, positive and empowering one. Doing what you’ve always done will continue to get you what you’ve always gotten, and to get a change you must make a change.

Reach inside and reacquaint yourself with what you truly care about. Your authentic purpose is far more important than keeping up old habits or superficial appearances.

This is your life and this is your opportunity to do something positive about it. You are far more powerful than you’ve allowed yourself to be.

Decide to use that power in the service of what is most important to you. Though a change of focus will initially be frightening and uncomfortable, you will soon feel you’re right where you belong.

The beautiful possibilities are calling. Now is your moment to focus your life upon, and to allow, what really matters.

— Ralph Marston
Old 05-10-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Beautiful!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I remember, just before my recovery began, hating the way I was living, hating my life. I cringed every morning when I woke up knowing addiction would rob my day of any beauty or joy...I didn't know how yet, but I knew it would.

One of the first things my recovery taught me was to change my focus, to stop obsessing about my son's addiction and start taking better care of myself before I sank with him.

Going to meetings instead of driving around bad neighbourhoods looking for him was a start.

Using prayer and meditation to get my balance each day and find peace no matter what it brought, instead of getting mad at God for not doing what I asked was a healthier way to see things.

It was hard at first, I didn't know where to change my focus to. But one day at a time, one small thought change at a time, I groped my way out of the darkness and into the light of recovery.

I was no longer a victim, I was a survivor...another change of focus for me.

How about you? How can changing your focus bring good things to your life?

Hugs
Old 05-10-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey, Miss Done, how wonderful to see you!!! I have missed your smiling face and hope you stick around and share with the newcomers who will get to know the fabulous Miss Done and love her too.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Doing what you’ve always done will continue to get you what you’ve always gotten, and to get a change you must make a change.

Reach inside and reacquaint yourself with what you truly care about. Your authentic purpose is far more important than keeping up old habits or superficial appearances.
This! This is what it's all about. Getting "unstuck" and sailing ahead.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Smile

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Hey, Miss Done, how wonderful to see you!!! I have missed your smiling face and hope you stick around and share with the newcomers who will get to know the fabulous Miss Done and love her too.
I'm going to try and be around more often Ann! I miss your smiling face also! I miss seeing everyone. I've been so busy with work lately and then had some computer issues, but it's fixed now, and have another one also. So that won't be a problem.

Trying to budget my time a little better lately, or balance it? lol,
I have been working too much lately, and my work has been so stressful, ughh,
I need to refocus on me a little more so you should be seeing me more again.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, Ann for the hopeful share.

Soberrecovery first thing in the a.m., praying, reflecting, and working on staying focused have been helpful for me.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

I Love This Post Ann!

I really cherish your experience, strength, and hope!
Lately, with all that is going on, I wake up in the morning and my stomach is in anxious knots. So I practice a morning meditation/prayer asking my Higher Power whom I call God to walk with me. And I focus on the positives of the day. During the day it's still a constant struggle to keep the anxiety (which stems from my obsessing) at bay. BUT, I keep trying and I cherish each serene moment. Sometimes they last a minute), Sometimes for hours. I then remind myself that it's okay if the focus is one minute or one hour at a time over One Day at a Time.). I give myself permission to not be so hard on myself and focus on my accomplishments.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well done, cece. Being mindful of how we feel and taking pause when we are anxious to find peace through prayer and meditation (and for me nature is huge)...is a good practice to get into.

Today I still have many times, for many reasons, that I may feel the anxiety....and just being aware of how I feel, giving myself a brief alotted time to process it and then having an escape plan in place to take my mind to somewhere peaceful, has made all the difference in my health and how I feel now.

The beautiful possibilities are calling. Now is your moment to focus your life upon, and to allow, what really matters.
I love that part.