Notices

Relapse perspective

Old 05-09-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse perspective

I see some of you have now relapsed after what I would consider a significant length of time.
I think the main thing is not to beat yourselves up and start really feeling deppressed that will just accelerate the spiral down. Just say to yourselves I made a mistake I wish I had not done it but it has happened and can't be changed. All I can do is say I know I can do it again and get sober because I have done it before. Try to think positive!
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My longest ive ever been sober was 34 days and that was 2 years ago.

on day 34 i was so adamant and enthusiastic. On day 35 I worked hard in the Yard on a hot day and happened to find a beer stashed away deep in the vegetable drawer. This beer was probably about 6 months old and i had completely forgotten about it, so it was not a setup, or a "just in case beer"

put simply that one beer knocked me off my sober wagon for 2 years.

I didn't drink afterward for 1 week, but the damage was done, I suddenly found myself in the

" i can be a normal drinker now, one won't hurt on a friday" stage.

And I also found its not as easy as "drink today, quit again tomorrow." I guess the shock of all the hard work going to waste over one beer puts a person into a " whats the point" mentality.

Those 2 years after that were the worst binge drink periods in my life. Just goes to show how dangerous the "stop and start" cycle can be,
Old 05-09-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

True

It's a sad truth that often when someone starts again they become worse than they were before. Dare we admit that perhaps we stayed sober a while in order to heal the liver a bit for another spell on the beer?
Old 05-09-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
It's a sad truth that often when someone starts again they become worse than they were before. Dare we admit that perhaps we stayed sober a while in order to heal the liver a bit for another spell on the beer?
Think it's more the progressive nature of this addiction. The hole gets bigger, the sides fall in. The oblivion we want needs be deeper and blacker each time.

I don't want to come back out of the hole anymore. Which is why I'm not giving in should my AV come knocking.

Sucks to see good people fall off here.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
Are you still drinking?
Old 05-09-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Are you still drinking?
No I am not drinking my stomach wont hold it and my life is not worth living with alcohol in it!