Living seperate lives under the same roof

Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Living seperate lives under the same roof

Things didn't improve. We talked the usual talk but since last weekend we've pretty much been living separately.
I had the most productive weekend for myself and in the garden. Worked my arse off and went for an 8 mile solo hike with my dog and it felt good. We ate and slept separately and have barely spoken since.

She is off the booze and I'm so glad, so glad for her - she seems to be fine with it but then also mentioned that she's not as fine as she's made out she is. Anyhow she's barely had any alcohol since this health scare and I'm very pleased for her.

She's quite poorly so I feel like a bit of a **** for being distant but she won't accept any kindness from me now so what can I do other than leave her to herself.

I think it's over. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it really. What I do know is I don't feel lost, there are tinges of sadness when I think of the good times we had but there is a small sense of freedom growing too.

She said something strange - "I wanted us to get me through this together, to get me fixed, but I have to do it now because of my health and I can't wait for you any longer, so I'm going to do it on my own without you"

Its slightly tense in the house but we're barely interacting, eating separately, doing separate things. Its weird but I feel free.

Just need to see how things pan out, and then investigate benefits that a single mother can get and go from there.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So good to hear that you are hikig and working Poppet.

I can't remember if you every tried Alanon and if it worked for you at all.

Peace and healing to you.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's ALWAYS the same w/her. All about her. I am happy to hear you in a calm place and working on you Pop...keep it up!

Originally Posted by Poppet35 View Post
She said something strange - "I wanted us to get me through this together, to get me fixed, but I have to do it now because of my health and I can't wait for you any longer, so I'm going to do it on my own without you"