Notices

Removing

Old 05-04-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Removing

My partner continues to drink in the house with me and young children. he is verbally abusive, and won't seek help, keeps saying he will sort it out but doesn't take the action. Been a while now. It is my house and i have to get him removed forcibly and this makes me feel so scared but I think it is the only way to give me and kids a peaceful future and get him to stand on his own two feet. Painful but imminent. My chest constricts with pain and the stress of doing it.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very sorry to hear of your troubles Carlotta but I applaud your decision to protect yourself and your children - that is the most important thing. There are likely resources available to you locally as well to help with getting him removed if he will not leave voluntarily.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarlottaMay View Post
My partner continues to drink in the house with me and young children. he is verbally abusive, and won't seek help, keeps saying he will sort it out but doesn't take the action. Been a while now. It is my house and i have to get him removed forcibly and this makes me feel so scared but I think it is the only way to give me and kids a peaceful future and get him to stand on his own two feet. Painful but imminent. My chest constricts with pain and the stress of doing it.
Gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm sorry to learn of your troubles.

Make sure you have clearly articulated the boundary.
If you _____________, then I will ________________.

That makes it his choice. You are not saying, "You aren't allowed to drink." That would be an attempt at controlling his behavior. You don't want to try that. You need to make this HIS decision.

If you _____________, then I will ________________.

Don't yell it. Don't scream it. It's not a threat. It's a choice you are presenting to him. But you have to mean it. Because if he _____________ and you don't follow through, you will never be taken seriously.

Best thing Mrs Nons ever said to me was "If you don't change your drinking I am going to ask you to find another place to live."

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Uh, not a good situation. I had to throw out my stoner boyfriend. I miss him very much but I don't miss being with an addict. I have my own problems and I would not date me if I was a guy, so not throwing stones here but you need to find someone that appreciates and respects you and your children. And I did call the law when he hit me but later got him a lawyer (and paid for it) to be released from charges of domestic abuse. But I did get him out of my house. Big relief.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think your sobriety and your c children's safety takes priority over almost all else.