Old Threads

Old 05-03-2018, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Old Threads

I went back an read all of the old threads I started over the years, They brought tears to my eyes more than once. Not so much from what I posted, though a lot of it was pretty raw and emotional, but from the fact that every single reply I received was nothing but love and helpful suggestions. It didn't matter how drunk and incoherent I was, the love was always there,

I am not a person who accepts love, I don't deserve it. (at least that is how I feel) but the outpouring of love and personal concern from people who do not know me at all was...I really don't have the words to describe it,

For what it matters, I am still "in the wind". I go to see my son on the 16th, so will definitely have my act together. I always pull it together when he is around. We are going to the Thursday night double feature of Deadpool and Deadpool2 I can think of no better father son bonding.

The RR book is coming next week. I am interested to learn more about "The Big Plan" It sounds completely impossible to me, but at the same time incredibly empowering if I can somehow find a way to make it work in my life.

I'm going to be ok, not going off the deep end too much, Hopefully next time we talk I'll have a little time under my belt.

Thanks so much for all the love ans support you have provided over the years. It has meant so much to me!! Take care
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you come 'In from the wind' soon, man

D
Old 05-08-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're one of the few active members here who have been around longer than me! I'm never quite sure how to feel about my old-timer status, since I've certainly not been sober all those years.

So far I've not had the courage to go back and re-read my old posts, knowing that many of them were very sad and pathetic and filled with emotional pain. But I agree: never in my drunkest ramblings have I ever been shamed or slammed by anyone here, and I can't say enough good things about this forum.

I guess I appreciate the technology that curates all those old messages, as they would be potent fuel against any AV thoughts that might actually spur me into considering a drink.

I look forward to visiting this area again after you've read Trimpey and made your Big Plan. I sometimes forget about this little corner of SR! It's a good place...
Old 05-09-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thinking of you