What Dreams May Come

Old 05-01-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What Dreams May Come

I re-watched this movie recently and was struck with the similarities to my former life of living with an addict. Annie doesn’t realize she’s in hell, or even dead. She just knows something is very wrong, and this isn’t how her life is supposed to be. Her house is falling apart. She has bugs crawling all over her. If Chris stays with her for more than a few minutes, he’ll be permanently trapped in hell with her. He chooses to stay, and his own nightmare combines with hers.
Wow.
Looking back, I cannot believe the life I was living. And there literally were bugs everywhere! It’s so bizarre to think of, because we don’t have a bug problem at all now. But back when my ex was here, we had such an issue with it. They would drive me crazy. I’d be swatting flies constantly, spraying bug spray to no avail, begging for him to hire an exterminator (but of course he had plans to spend his money on OTHER things). Now? Where did the bugs go? It’s like they just vanished when he left. I didn’t even have to do anything. They’re just gone. Life is pleasant. My house is no longer falling apart. When he was around, he was constantly destroying our home- he’d get a sudden urge to create a built-in shelf and just start hacking into the wall, only to abandon the project, or he’d see invisible imperfections in the walls and patch them up, leaving patches of putty all over. He’d tear out a chunk of carpet, exposing staples and nails in our young children’s room. Madness. Hell.
I’m so thankful I’ve escaped that nightmare.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

I've had this experience too. They just trash the place and don't even realize it.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Maybe like Pigpen in Charlie Brown, the bugs just left with them.

It's nice that when you get your place back, you get your life back.

Well done, ladies.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL @ Ann, I have to agree with that theory.

I know there is still chaos, but I am so happy you don't live like that anymore friend!