Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

3 weeks 1 day however many hours!! Sound more than 3 weeks lol!

Notices

Old 04-23-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey everyone 👋🏻! I hope you’re all doing well and had a lovely weekend! Mine was nice, a few walks and lots of reading! I bought a new sofa and a few bits for the house.. a coffee machine being my best or worst purchase 🙈! I’ve been buying like 3 or 4 coffees a day the last few weeks eeek but I suppose it’s better than bottles of wine eh?? Had a lovely night last night cuddled on the new sofa with the fire lighting a take away and a movie! Yesterday I found a full bottle of gin, gin was my drink of choice before I quit! I’d have it with loads of ice in a fishbowl glass with fruit or different flavored tonic! The bottle was about 40euro! So I didn’t throw it out I just put it away! Partly because I want to battle with myself not to drink it, I haven’t and don’t intend to.. partly because I’m sure while I’m away my bf will have some friends around so it’s there if they want it.. not sure what you guys think about this?
Today marks a week until my admission date! I still am a little all over the place about this! I know I just have to surrender for the 5 weeks I’m there and give 100%! I have a lot to get organized before I leave so hopefully that should keep my mind occupied so not to spend too much time thinking about it! Going to meet a councilor at lunch time, and then lunch with my dad!
Also this week I’m going to try eat healthier and wake earlier to try get me ready for next week! Unsure if the things I’m doing are right to prepare for treatment! I suppose everyone is different but any views welcome! I hope you all have a great day x
“Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it became a beautiful butterfly 🦋” x
Old 04-23-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Partly because I want to battle with myself not to drink it
There will be many genuine battles ahead for you without creating one.

I wouldn't keep a bottle of what was my favourite tipple in the house, no matter how much I tried to rationalise it was for guests or whatever, loveisallyouneed.

however much it cost think of it as an investment in your recovery. Tip it down the sink.

You're a non drinker now.

IMO, there should be no place in your life for a bottle of gin to be that close at hand this early in your recovery.

D
Old 04-23-2018, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

And well done on the 3+ weeks
Bravo !
Old 04-23-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

with respect- tip it out. To tempt - to have booze around is just something else to go wrong. Tipping it out is in your control. Drinking it is not.
Prayers and support to you.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with both of you! I gave it to my dad to give to my aunt! Thank you both x
Old 04-23-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 04-23-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you changed your mind

D