Notices

Bingeing

Old 04-22-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bingeing

I am a binger and need to Stop.... Just want to live a straight forward clean healthy and happy life with no worries... I don't drink everyday but when I do I binge and usually end up doing other things along with it I.e cocaine... And then I feel awful for days afterwards and even get anxiety and I tell myself that it now... And then in the next week or two I have just one drink then one turns in too ten.... I just don't want this anymore all I want is a happy healthy life... Please advice me someone... This is the first time I've ever posted on anything like this so it's a big step for me
Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! Have a read around at peoples stories, especially the success stories. This can be your success too if you want it to be.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello,

Well you've made a great first step in wanting to get better and taking your first action towards a good, healthy life. When you break the cycle and get sober...most of those feeling will go away as you learn to move forward and forgive yourself. As well as making any amends you might owe others when you are in a better place.

I'm a binge drinker myself, I understand how easily one drink becomes 10! Or usually I don't know until the next day how much I drank until I count the bottles after a blackout night. It's awful, the pits, the WORST feeling possible. Shame, regret, etc - it eats us up from the inside out.

BUT, I promise you this, if you decide to get help and get sober - those feelings will dissipate over time and soon it will all be in the rear view mirror, not to be forgotten, but you will learn to truly forgive yourself and make any amends you might have when you are in a better place.

My advice is to seek medical help in order to safely detox. It's very dangerous to just stop after a binge and it could cause seizures or even death.

I took myself to the ER exactly 3 weeks ago and they gave me medication to calm my central nervous system and sleep. I still suffered an additional 4-6 days where I would sweat all night, nightmares, etc..but I didn't drink because I knew I was already on the other side and going back would have led me to death or FAR worse consequences than I had already racked up.

I even called an ambulance instead of any Uber because I knew I was in trouble, good thing because when I arrived to ER, they took my blood and it came back a .38 BAC. I was close to the end. I will have to pay A LOT more for the ambulance over the Uber, but I knew my life was worth it - and yours is too!!

Please check back in and let us know how you're doing - you'll find some great support here.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 04-22-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hello. I'm very glad you are here; this is an excellent place for advice, into and support from people who def get it and really want to help. It's been a big part of my getting and staying sober--tomorrow I will have 27 months. I hope you stick around and I wish you all the best on your sober journey..
Old 04-22-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm glad you found us and posted.

You will find lots of support here. It's always good to have a plan for how you are going to stop drinking and recover. Take a look around and you will find lots of ideas and suggestions for staying sober.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone I have been looking around at people's sober stories etc and they have given me alot of drive to do this.... Have also spoken to people in chat rooms etc today and everyone seems lovely and supportive... And thanks for all the support... I am really glad to of found this site... I think it is going to help alot thanks for being so welcoming everyone I was so nervous first time I've ever done anything like this but this kind I have taken the first step in the right direction 🙌
Old 04-22-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Hello,

Binger here when I quit, although I was a daily drinker at times.

This is the middle of my crave window, so I off and on suffer each day around this time.

I was heavily physically addict ed and I relate.

I would tell myself just 3 shots then lose count. Sometimes the bottle would seem close to empty. 5 more shots later...

Those were my drinking days. They were fun until they weren't fun anymore.

Here we are now. Better off sober for sure.

Feels amazing feeling amazing.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do it!

Just remember before you have the first drink where things will end up. And once you start feeling better, remember that’s when it’s most important to stay strong.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard helloitsme - anytime you feel the urge there'll be folks here to talk you through it

D
Old 04-22-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard!!! This is a good place to be.

As Anna said, make a plan, what you are going to do to guarantee success, what you will do in tricky situations, etc.

I personally found books and podcasts very useful. I read / re-read inspiring books about sobriety all the time, and I listen to sobriety podcasts, especially if I'm going out, or at the weekend, or anytime really.

Annie Grace's Naked Mind (book and podcasts) are brilliant

William Porter's Alcohol Explained is also a terrific book

But most important is find what works best for you. Build an infallible set of tools.

And really use these forums. The world is full of drink and drinkers, so I find that S.R. reminds me that I'm not alone in doing the sober thing.

Finally, keep in mind the fact that long term sober folks never regret it. They are way way happier! These boards are full of such rocking people. Learn from them.

And enjoy it. I believe sobriety should be a brilliant thing, something to celebrate. You deserve it, we all do. Good luck.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Helloitsme1 View Post
I am a binger and need to Stop.... Just want to live a straight forward clean healthy and happy life with no worries... I don't drink everyday but when I do I binge and usually end up doing other things along with it I.e cocaine... And then I feel awful for days afterwards and even get anxiety and I tell myself that it now... And then in the next week or two I have just one drink then one turns in too ten.... I just don't want this anymore all I want is a happy healthy life... Please advice me someone... This is the first time I've ever posted on anything like this so it's a big step for me
Congrats on taking that step!

"I WANT to live a straight forward clean and happy life" is a great place to start.

SOBRIETY can deliver that for you....

So, simplify the statement: "I WANT to live in SOBRIETY".

Choose that, make it your mantra, and take ACTIONS that support the choice.

There are many approaches to building a sober life - but they all rest on those two fundamental pillars.

YOU CAN DO IT