Notices

Hi, New

Old 04-20-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, New

I decided to quite drinking and smoking along with making other life changes. I feel as though I am finally 100% ready, which I have not felt before - like coming from deep within. While I have lessened drinking immensely over the past couple of years, I was still having at least 1 drink a night, usually 2 or 3, and sometimes as much as half a bottle of vodka or scotch. I've been weaning my system over the past few days to barely half a glass of wine and am planning on starting on Valium in a few more days with nothing else.

Fighting depression a little, or that "darkness/anger" I had been using alcohol to cope with (I have PTSD, which is why I started drinking). Attempting to remedy this with other implemented life changes and plans, as well as focusing the anger in writing and goal setting, focusing on what I want my future to look like. Exercise, meditation, a resetting and reanalysis of goals... it's mostly going well, but sometimes, especially in the evenings, I just start feeling "stuck" mentally. Like even though I accomplished a lot that day, it's not enough, but my brain can't handle any more (I'm a physics student, so that's not great?). I also have little appetite/have to force myself to eat.

Still in the very initial stages, and am processing a lot as far as balancing inner work with practical considerations and it's overwhelming, especially with all the changes I want to make (I know it's fine and all progress logically, it is likely just a physical result of withdrawal, but it's like I want to jump out of my skin). I have a beginning boxer's class tomorrow, so that might help me get out some of that aggression - at the moment it's almost midnight and I'm just feeling incredibly agitated/want to be more in control. So just felt like posting somewhere.

Anyhow, hi all.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR kepherax

D
Old 04-21-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. Welcome to the community.

BB
Old 04-21-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, kepherax. SR is a great place for advice and support and I'm glad you found us. Wishing you all the best in your sober journey.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, kepharax; very glad you found us!

Have a look around the the site, giving special attention to the Stickies at the top of each forum. There is a wealth of information and experience there.

Stay close. We care.