Notices

Day 40 - Feel hungover

Old 04-20-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 40 - Feel hungover

I woke up this morning feeling hungover. Obviously not nearly as bad as a real binge hangover, but the dry mouth, slightly dizzy and dehydrated feeling was definitely there. It's much better 3 hours into my day, but I must say, it caught me by surprise.

I'm not dehydrated. The only thing I can think of is sugar.. While my diet has been healthy, consisting mostly of veggies and fruit, along with small amounts of lean protein, last night I ate a bunch of candy and woke up in the middle of the night and ate more.

Could this be a sugar hangover? Has anyone experienced this day-after feeling from a "sugar high?"
Old 04-20-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

I can SO identify!!! In fact, I felt that way this morning too. I feel this way fairly frequently.

BUT......I bet you're right. I have been eating tons of sugar and carbs, most of it being either before I go to bed or during the night. Last night I got up about midnight and I ate MANY cookies and then later, ate lots of pineapple. You're right in that it feels a bit like a hangover.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure sugar is the culprit. Your response triggered my interest and I wound up searching "sugar hangover"... Good lord. I'm done with the sugar now too...
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have "sober hangovers" from time to time. Not sure where it comes from, but likely just accounted to not having a good night's sleep for whatever reason.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
I have "sober hangovers" from time to time. Not sure where it comes from, but likely just accounted to not having a good night's sleep for whatever reason.
I'm still not sleeping well, could be that for me too.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If I ever slip and smoke a cigarette these days I will for sure feel as if I have a hangover the next morning, and I think they really affect my sleep so that makes sense
Old 04-20-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you been to see a Dr?

Alcohol withdrawal and detox can affect people in many different ways, best to be safe and ensure all bases are covered!!