Notices

Hey!

Old 04-18-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey!

So hello everyone. I posted before I had a year in a half sober. I relapsed on Saturday thinking I could do some controlled drinking. I am back and doing well. Made meetings all this week met with my sponsor. I’m very glad I found this group! Today I’m feeling much better about my poor decision on Saturday! Learned a great lesson. Today’s aa meeting was on bills story and wow was it good! Thankful for today as I’ve made it another day
Old 04-18-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Jen,
So glad you’re feeling back on track!
Keep posting on how you’re doing.
I’m a newbie and it’s so helpful to hear these experiences. Thanks for sharing...
Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Jen - great that you've renewed your commitment to sobriety. I'm glad you found SR too. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just keep doing whatever it takes to get and stay sober again. I’m not in AA but I can imagine the support system is really good there if you are willing to use it. When I relapsed (after a few years sober) I found it was a few weeks later that the itch to drink again (after the initial relapse) really started. Then it was just a couple, like a gentleman, etc, etc. After that I progressed to hard drinking 😞. I’m now seven months sober and chuffed that I made it back. Good luck Jen!
Old 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can never make one mistake and then jump back on the wagon straight away. It's never happened that way for me. I descend into hell for weeks or months on end.

I admire you getting back straight on track with such determination and positivity Jen. Well done you.

JT
Old 04-19-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Jen! I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way but now you know; there's no going back to controlled/normal drinking again!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Jen. Thank you for sharing your story. It is a very good reminder to all of us. Glad you're here.