Notices

AVRT- Bullets for my beast!

Old 04-17-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AVRT- Bullets for my beast!

This is for me
Someone else put up an AVRT thread earlier on and I read and followed the links!
Thanx guys!!

I've been dying in 12 step for around 10 years! No offence to those it works for- strength to you People!! I'm not igniting a debate here!
I'm saving my own life!
AVRT speaks to me as a human being and empowers me to take back authority for my life.
This internal primal Beast AV as it's called which I have at times on my threads and posts used with No idea what i was talking about! Lol
Powerless
Disease
One day at a time
Have always kept me
Powerless in a disease relapsing one day at a time!!
I've been engaging in positive self talk call it my true nature for years knowing one day at a time was useless for me
I knew forever for the rest of my days was the only way but I kept getting beaten down by the program suggestions!
I'm a process addict primarily who drinks heavily along with it.
But when I heard people talk about untreated alcoholism I was experiencing the exact same disturbances with a primary behavioural addiction and I thought to myself

(Well at least I do now)
it's the universal beast within talking it's infantile demands! Same **** different day feed me now!
How could I be experiencing untreated alcoholism as a so called Sex addict!
As Guy Finlay puts it-
You have been created with the Authority to overcome any addiction.
This I can't do he God can so I'll let him has nearly killed me!
Seriously!
I don't need 'The program' or my way
I need an effective way that works for me!
I may just have discovered something here that will give me the tools to permanently once and for all let go of this crazy addiction!
The ever present moment is continually here that's where freedom lives for me!
G
Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This doesn't mean I don't have a Spiritual Faith because I do!
This is fascinating for me
A life journey of growing up after so much abuse terror and torment!
I am a teachable receptive open minded man.
I have the strength of my own individual character to lay the ghosts of my father's horrendous behaviour towards me to rest and take back the reigns of my life!
And I feel it is very important to help others also do the same.
This is not a 12 step philosophy I was doing this in my life as part if an inbuilt natural healthy part of my nature!
I'm already recovered!
I always have been!
Jee whiz!
Crying now really am!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not minimalising the issue at hand here when I say I'm already recovered!

What I'm saying is
The real recovered healthy me is always here.
There is definitely work to do
A fight to be won
I love the piece on the AVRT website where it says The beast in actual fact doesn't even have the power to wiggle me finger!
It's me who gives it consent to stitch me up!
That's where my focus has to be on the attitudes inside me that are allowing this av to dominate me!
I'm going to use lower case av from now on!
Seems wrong to upper case it's abhorrent nature!
G
Old 04-17-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AVRT was the only thing that worked for me. It clicked with me and has helped me endlessly. I don't think any method of recovery is better or worse, its just what works for the individual. I was initially very judgemental of AA and certain aspects of it but I accepted that I was listening to the beast and its hatred of AA or any method of recovery.
Something I did learn was to have a huge amount of fear, tinged with respect for the beast. It will never fully leave me, I will never be "better" or "recovered" i'm always just one drink away.
My guard is up constantly and in my dark moments it shouts loudly even now.

Theres a certain contradiction with AVRT that I have always been aware of, that I am whole and its me alone that gives the beast its power, yet its destructive power is endless and I have to be constantly watchful.

I'm glad you've found AVRT, I really hope its the thing that helps you.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll find AVRT beneficial Ghoster

D
Old 04-17-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im not finding a God - A higher power or a beast particularly helpful.
Im a simple soul and I just know that currently in a 24 hour day I dont want a drink.
The reason why is that Ive conditioned myself , over a short while , to think of alcohol as a poison and simplistically - I aint touching it anymore - I am detached.
There may be detractors - but Ive been in too many bad places now.
I am interested in the subject obviously with it having destroyed a lot of my history - my present and future are not battling - more rejoicing in my good fortune of actually waking up and seeing an alcohol free future.
Actually - now Ive written this - I want to post it as Hallelujah in its own right
Dave 🤠

Last edited by daveglass1; 04-17-2018 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Additional Text
Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Ghoster, congratulations on your decision to make your Big Plan to never drink again and never change your mind. What a great feeling it is to put that behind you. Well done!

SR has a couple of sub forums for AVRT and other self empowering methods or techniques. https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...r-connections/ and https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ased-recovery/
Check them out!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I spoke to my sponsor about AVRT.
Which I realise even having a sponsor goes against what AVRT is about but I really don't give a ****!!
We both are inspired by what it says and at end of day we are the Authority on how we recover nothing else!!
For me I'm so fkn desperate I'll mix cornflakes with gravy and marinate with egg shells if I have to just to stay sober!
✌💛✌
Old 04-18-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's as simple as hitting a wall -- after years of quitting and starting, seeing the physical progression and the neurological damage, I knew last year that I was done drinking.

SR is my "program." I read posts here on the Newcomer's section every single day while I have my coffee. Stories of relapse and guilt and shame and misery remind me every morning of what's at stake, and remind me of how many times I posted that way, for so many years.

AVRT simply puts a name to any random thoughts I might have about drinking again. I doubt that I have another comeback left in me, physically or emotionally. Any thought that indicates otherwise comes from a place that's far removed from reality and logic. Honestly, I know that's still "me." But it's a very sick and addicted side of me that doesn't run the show anymore.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great stuff, Ghoster! You make a great point that we don't talk much about- AVRT is secular but it doesn't have to atheistic. If you're religious it works the same say. Congrats on finding that Bullet For Your Beast! I found that magic bullet five and a half years ago and I've been sober since.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Whatever works for you is the right path.

Theres no right or wrong program its just what works for you.

Originally Posted by daveglass1 View Post
Im not finding a God - A higher power or a beast particularly helpful.
Im a simple soul and I just know that currently in a 24 hour day I dont want a drink.
The reason why is that Ive conditioned myself , over a short while , to think of alcohol as a poison and simplistically - I aint touching it anymore - I am detached.
There may be detractors - but Ive been in too many bad places now.
I am interested in the subject obviously with it having destroyed a lot of my history - my present and future are not battling - more rejoicing in my good fortune of actually waking up and seeing an alcohol free future.
Actually - now Ive written this - I want to post it as Hallelujah in its own right
Dave 🤠
Old 04-18-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
Ghoster, congratulations on your decision to make your Big Plan to never drink again and never change your mind. What a great feeling it is to put that behind you. Well done!

SR has a couple of sub forums for AVRT and other self empowering methods or techniques. https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...r-connections/ and https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ased-recovery/
Check them out!

AVRT has helped me immensely. The beast is tricky at first but the more you expose it the less power it has over your mind.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The unconscious mind! Aka the beast, the mental obsession!!! The midbrain!! Emotional brain!!
Mr amygdala and co conspirators!
Programs, beliefs, attachments.
Comfort zone!
Limiting everything to a reduced restricted experience of life!
You don't want to do that for example:
Recover
Exercise
Cook
Embrace my family
Go to gigs
Eat out
Find a lovely healthy partner
Thrive
Etc etc etc!!!
It's main weapon... Fear!
Well this is empowering I must say for Me!!!
Bloody hell it nearly killed Me!!
WTF
G