Two Years Clean Today!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two Years Clean Today!

WOO-HOO! Friday the 13th and my daughter K is 2 years clean from heroin today.

2014 rehab, halfway,apartment, relapse, rehab, apartment, relapse almost immediately on heroin again this time with a little crack thrown in for variety, rehab, IOP, halfway, rented room, apartment with boyfriend, boyfriend killed in tragic motorcycle accident, K soldiers on to the two year mark ........her longest run of sobriety yet. I think she has it this time!

Overheard conversation during a visit a few months ago - K was talking with a few of her friends on the topic of health insurance - they are all in recovery, someone asks K, "What if you relapse?" K, "I have no f....king intention of ever gettin high again! But, if I did there is something in my policy- won't be as nice a place as I have been to before, but there's something."

Her reply was fast and forceful, we are incredibly proud of her. Her weathering the death of her boyfriend / fiancé without falling back speaks volumes.

Keep coming back ,

Jim
Old 04-13-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

blessings to all of you Jim. thank you for coming here and sharing the good news!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am darn proud of her too, Jim, and I am happy for you.

She has made it through some very rough times and stayed clean. She has everything going for her recovery-wise and a great dad who shines in his own recovery.

Hugs and congratulations to both of you.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to you and K Jim

D
Old 04-14-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Blessings to you and your family J. You must be very proud of her.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
p***enger

That's wonderful, Jim. Thank you for the inspiring post!
Old 04-14-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's not too often that messages here bring HAPPY tears to my eyes.

Thank you so much for sharing! So happy for her and all the people who love her!
Old 04-14-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic !!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SmallbutMighty,

All too often both here and at various 12 Step meetings, we hear of the stumbles and failures and we all share that pain with the others in our recovery families. That is a wonderful attribute of these programs.

Once in a while, it is nice to share in sucesses. We can all share in those also. Perhaps someone who is having a hard time of it at the moment can gain a little hope from others, when things are bad for you, it is easy to concede defeat. It is nice to be able to provide just a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, others have done it for me and I must admit it is a great feeling to be able to provide a little payback to those who showed me that light in the past.

There is a couple in my Nar-Anon home group, they have two sons that are both heroin addicts, both are currently in good recovery. He and his wife are both avid campers. He makes the analogy of a 12 Step meeting is like a group of people sitting around a campfire on a chilly evening. The chill of the evening is the "bad" news that people bring, the wood for the fire and the resulting heat is the "good"news that others bring to the meeting. No matter what each person's situation is this week, you will get a share of the warmth.

Some weeks you just have the chill and no wood, other weeks you have some wood with warmth to share. Eventually, it will all even out.

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Love, love, love this! Way to go to your daughter!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So wonderful news Jim! Give K a hug from this proud Mamma!
Old 04-23-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Perhaps someone who is having a hard time of it at the moment can gain a little hope from others, when things are bad for you, it is easy to concede defeat. It is nice to be able to provide just a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel,
Jim, as you know my story is ongoing, my son is still out there and my own recovery keeps me going and embracing each day.

It is sharing like yours here, and I may add a wonderful analogy about the camp fire, that keeps the candle of hope burning in my heart.

Whether my son ever finds recovery or not, I feel the joy each and every time I hear of someone who made it out of the darkness and into the light. It makes me feel good, plain and simple.

So I shall bring the kindling of hope to the campfire, and a whole bunch of waterproof matches to keep it lit. May those who are lost see the light and be drawn toward recovery too...and in the meantime, please pass the weenies and marshmallows, I brought my own stick.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Praise the lord!!’ Congrats!!