The web spinning continues

Old 04-12-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The web spinning continues

So the separation of assets has begun. Asked for financial disclosures back in November received them mid March under threat of subpoena. Some of the figures were wrong so I had to point that out and get it corrected. Received the first of three offers last week and AH is texting me wanting an answer from my lawyer, mind you this is after he wanted to negotiate without the lawyers in the first place. I find the whole thing super annoying. He went on his PR tour and told his family, friends etc we were getting divorced before he told me. He was so wishy washy with his words "I know what you want......." but couldn't actually tell me but had no problem telling everyone else. He probably lied and told them I cheated or something so he can continue to be the victim of lifes circumstance. I have photo evidence of him continuing to drink and doing so with members of his family that are currently working the court system for possession of narcotics with intent to distribute, and he had planned on taking my DS20 with him on that trip until DS said no. The depth of **** poor decision making is beyond me. Locally he continues to drink and still has breakfast with our DD18 about once a week. Its a violation of the court order for him to drink 24 hours before seeing her but I have proof that is not happening. My kids know that they are never allowed to ride with him in the car because he can't be trusted and because I want them to have the option to leave whenever they feel like it so they are safe. I am so done. I am going to let my lawyer do her job. We are worried that he is so unstable that we try to secure the kids college money and I think the only way to do that is to provide all the evidence of the continuing violations, the recordings taken over the last few years and of course deposing the people who have seen and experienced his behavior. Its just amazing to me that AH still thinks he can project the image he wants except so many people see the truth, they have come out of the woodwork to let me know, yet he continues to live in his fantasy where nothing is real. Just a little worn out and so very thankful that I am not him.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there,

I bet you are exhausted! He continues to “try” to gas light you, manipulate you, lie to you, and steal from you. But you are a strong, smart, courageous woman. You are onto his tricks and he will never fool you again.

Good thing you are leaving him! Just think. A year from now you will have so much peace in your life.

Keep practicing self care until this part is over. Keep dreaming about your future. You are so worth it, Sistah!

Love and hugs from Sailor ⚓️
Old 04-12-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Dawn, you really see what people are made of once the financial stuff gets going. He's 'unlucky' to have you in the other corner though, as you really have it together. I hope you can put the college funds into some sort of trust so they can be used as intended.
This too will pass. I think the most damaging thing is when you expect it to be quick. Set yourself a worst case scenario so you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Dawn, you really see what people are made of once the financial stuff gets going. He's 'unlucky' to have you in the other corner though, as you really have it together. I hope you can put the college funds into some sort of trust so they can be used as intended.
This too will pass. I think the most damaging thing is when you expect it to be quick. Set yourself a worst case scenario so you won't be disappointed.
I don't expect it to be quick at all, it will take probably a year, he's the one who expects it to be quick so I guess he will be the one suffering
Old 04-13-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh. Just sending a big hug and lots of support.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gotta be hard to be going through all this. Like Feeling Great wrote, you really see what financial stuff brings out in people. You've got to fight for your children's college funds though, at least get them separated out of the marital stuff and put into trusts or savings to be used 'only for' their education. So much to sort out, hopefully he can act adult enough to work through these issues.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A cautionary tale on the trust fund. Make sure your husband has no joint access to it if you get one set up. Mine set one up and then spent it all. Which was his plan all along...silly me!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wow^^^^^^^
Old 05-12-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

This image was either the big size or tiny. I went with the big one for the extra sunshine. Your power is brilliant.

((((dawnrising))))

Thinking of you this weekend.