Notices

5 months

Old 04-12-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 months

Today marks 5 months sober for me. It's crazy to know I've made it this far. These months have brought great times, bad times and everything in between. The thing that I've seen so far is that life keeps going whether you're drinking or not, but man 5 months without having to apologize for being a jerk to someone while drunk, 5 months without wondering how badly I embarrassed myself last night, 5 months of making sober decisions and not regretting them feels great. I can't lie, I still dream about drinking, I still crave a beer often especially with the weather warming up. But, I am so thankful to not be ashamed when I wake up Sunday mornings after a black out anymore. I've stopped hanging out with some people all together, but some I know for sure will be around forever and relationships don't revolve around going out and getting plastered anymore. It still feels weird to explain to people I'm not drinking when I'm out, but it feels normal now. Anyway, I am no writer but I hope that someone reads this and knows they can do it too. I loved to drink, but I just can't control it. I have such a long journey to keep going down, but I'm not worried about what I'm going to mess up next. If I can put alcohol down believe me when I tell you, that anyone can. You have to make the decision and absolutely fight to keep it. Anyway, rant over. I hope everyone is doing great, much love!
Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations girlinprogress

D
Old 04-12-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations on 5 months Girlinprogress. That's some impressive sober time. Good for you.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Girlinprogress View Post
Today marks 5 months sober for me. It's crazy to know I've made it this far. These months have brought great times, bad times and everything in between. The thing that I've seen so far is that life keeps going whether you're drinking or not, but man 5 months without having to apologize for being a jerk to someone while drunk, 5 months without wondering how badly I embarrassed myself last night, 5 months of making sober decisions and not regretting them feels great. I can't lie, I still dream about drinking, I still crave a beer often especially with the weather warming up. But, I am so thankful to not be ashamed when I wake up Sunday mornings after a black out anymore. I've stopped hanging out with some people all together, but some I know for sure will be around forever and relationships don't revolve around going out and getting plastered anymore. It still feels weird to explain to people I'm not drinking when I'm out, but it feels normal now. Anyway, I am no writer but I hope that someone reads this and knows they can do it too. I loved to drink, but I just can't control it. I have such a long journey to keep going down, but I'm not worried about what I'm going to mess up next. If I can put alcohol down believe me when I tell you, that anyone can. You have to make the decision and absolutely fight to keep it. Anyway, rant over. I hope everyone is doing great, much love!
Congratulations on five very valuable months.
Remember when downs occur, as they inevitably will, the big picture will only be made a mess by addictive alcohol.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

5 months!!!

What a great testimony.
Isn't it wonderful how your life changes so dramatically when staying sober?
Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on five months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What a wonderful post, Girlinprogress - made me smile Very proud of you.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very inspirational post. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on five months! Sober life really is worth the effort.