Notices

Day 3

Old 04-10-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi there, I am new to this......

I am on night three of trying to stay sober and am really just looking for some support as I am really struggling tonight. I have been drinking every night for as long as I can remember at least two years this time. I have given up once for over a year and a couple of times
I have managed two days then back on it for a couple days etc etc now it is really getting out of hand. I am moving into a different career and really need to stay off the drink. Any time I have tried before. Apart from once I have never made it past day three. This time I want to and I mean really want to but I am really really really struggling tonight. I have no family support with this and I think that is why I give up after two days. Well that and the struggle to stay off it. The anxiety the moods the wanting to sleep. Thank you for reading and listening. Xx
Old 04-10-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. I'm on day 3 too. I'm reading trying to distract myself. Watching box sets. I know I won't sleep much tonight but will still feel better tomorrow without a hangover. Congrats on day 3.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! There is alot of info on this site - I have been looking at blogs, various links etc. I have found some great insights and ideas too.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Joining the Day 3 club myself! Made it home without buying alcohol, fixed a nice dinner. As long as I stay home I'll make it to Day 4, hope to hear from you folks then. Hang in there!
Old 04-10-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hi guys,

Nice to know I am not alone. Had tea and then cuddled up on settee in a ball had a really bad hour were all I did was cry and want to go to bed. Decided to have a bit of toast and cup of tea I know last time I did this I wanted to be in bed soooo early to try and stop the temptation. This time I am trying not to do that as it’s not fair on my husband. Glad when I see the clock reaching this time as I know I won’t go out now. As well as being night three alcohol free I am also on day 3 of training for my new job. That is what is keeping me going for being hangover feee tomorrow. Good luck to you all tonight x
Old 04-10-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Feefee; very glad that you found us.

Well done on 3 nights.

You can achieve lasting sobriety and recovery, Feefee.

Have you heard of HALTS?

Many times when you are craving alcohol, you are actually experiencing HALTS

H - hungry
A - angry/anxious
L - lonely
T - tired

When you are craving, take a moment to consider if you are experiencing any of the components of HALTS and take the appropriate action. You may find that your cravings have diminished.

Be very gentle with yourself in early times; rest, eat small and healthful meals, get fresh air, try some light exercise such as a short walk, take long and warm and aromatic baths. Allow your body, mind and spirit to heal.

Again, welcome.

Stay close. We care.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All the best with your new job, too!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great to meet you Feefee - 3 days is wonderful.

I think posting here will really help you. I had felt all alone until I found SR. No one else in my life understood what I was going through - and all the challenges that come with getting sober. I was quite emotional & shaky in the early days, but everything improved rather quickly. Best wishes on your new job. (You won't be foggy or hungover. )
Old 04-10-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome to SR, Feefee; very glad that you found us.

Well done on 3 nights.

You can achieve lasting sobriety and recovery, Feefee.

Have you heard of HALTS?

Many times when you are craving alcohol, you are actually experiencing HALTS

H - hungry
A - angry/anxious
L - lonely
T - tired

When you are craving, take a moment to consider if you are experiencing any of the components of HALTS and take the appropriate action. You may find that your cravings have diminished.

Be very gentle with yourself in early times; rest, eat small and healthful meals, get fresh air, try some light exercise such as a short walk, take long and warm and aromatic baths. Allow your body, mind and spirit to heal.

Again, welcome.

Stay close. We care.
Thank you for the lovely welcome. Yes I have heard of HALTS and I do agree that this is what it can be. Had some toast when I had getting my craving earlier and that seemed to settle me a bit. Early night now.

Thank you
Old 04-10-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Great to meet you Feefee - 3 days is wonderful.

I think posting here will really help you. I had felt all alone until I found SR. No one else in my life understood what I was going through - and all the challenges that come with getting sober. I was quite emotional & shaky in the early days, but everything improved rather quickly. Best wishes on your new job. (You won't be foggy or hungover. )
Thank you for your kind wishes on my job. Day three of training tomorrow so let’s hope I maybe get a better sleep tonight. I can’t see it.

If I remember from my year of being sober it took me about 14 days to feel slightly better. The emotions and anxiety started to calm down. I am just glad I have found this forum as a support. X