Have you ever known anyone to go through a diversion program?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have you ever known anyone to go through a diversion program?

My SD is going to do this apparently. She was in an accident with two others but claims she was sleeping in the back seat when it happened and the other 2 put the meth and heroin into her purse without her knowledge and that's where the cops found it. She swears up and down she doesn't do any of that stuff other than smoke pot. I don't believe her and I highly doubt H believes her either even though he says he does. He is trying to get her not to confess to it being hers and in exchange going through this program to expunge it from her record if she follows through with everything. He would rather see her get a lawyer and fight it but nobody has the money for one.

Just wondering what is all involved in the diversion program?
Old 04-10-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know in my state just go to the State Superior Court website & look for information concerning drug court or the drug diversion program. In my state there is a lot of very useful detailed information listed on the website.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am familiar w/the one here simply b/c I am friends w/the judge that runs it. It's a very intense program, and it's serious business. You attend outpatient substance abuse counseling, you are given assistance in finding a job, and you must keep it. You must drug check on a regular basis. If you are a parent you attend parenting classes. It's a huge commitment, and they don't take everyone.

I am sure it differs from area to area. I would think you could simply call and ask the clerk what it entails and they would tell you.