Court tomorrow

Old 04-08-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court tomorrow

Hi,
It’s been awhile since I last posted. Nothing much has changed. I’m surviving.
We closed on the family home a few days ago. Since my XAH let the pipes freeze in the home, those bills came out of f the proceeds of the sale. The insurance company denied the claim, stating my XAH had abandon the house.
Anyways, going to court tomorrow to try and get him to pay what he owes me. I’m very nervous! Not sure I even want to see him. He let the pipes freeze intentionally. I have a DVO for the next 5 years!!
My attorney feels we will get the rest of the money.
My XAH’s attorney wrote a lettter to my attorney that it was my responsibility to appeal the insurance claim. Can’t see how it possibly could be mine! He had custody of the house, my name isn’t even on the homeowners policy!!
My lawyer offered my XAH a settlement proposal from us. His response, he refused because he’d have to take the money out of his IRA. He has plenty of funds. He’s not 59 1/2 yet, so he wants me to wait till he is, fit my money!
If my XAH, didn’t let the pipes freeze, I wouldn’t have had to pay thousands of dollars to go to court, and there would have been enough money from the proceeds of the sale to pay me!!
I am trying so hard to let all this go, but every time I think it’s finally over, another thing happens!!
I’m a bundle of nerves about tomorrow! Of course his girlfriend m, maybe wife will be there. She’s really not nice! Last time in court, she was quietly yelling in the back of the court that I was a liar!!
I’m just hoping that tomorrow is the end of it.
Thank you for listening!!

Zircon
Old 04-08-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hang in there. this has been a journey no one deserves. wishing you the very best!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Will be t h inking of you, Zircon, tomorrow.....
Please let us know what happens..o.k?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zircons may squadrons of angels dive bomb you with grace.

Please eat well, get some exercise and a good nights sleep tonight. I so pray this goes well.

We have your back as much as possible!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You All

Hi,
I Thank all of you for responding. I appreciate everyone’s kindness and support. Court isn’t till 3PM tomorrow. I will post as soon as I get home!
It brings tears to my eyes, the caring and support I feel from everyone on this forum!!

Thank you!
Zircon
Old 04-08-2018, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
If my XAH, didn’t let the pipes freeze, I wouldn’t have had to pay thousands of dollars to go to court, and there would have been enough money from the proceeds of the sale to pay me!!
I really enjoyed this logic; not sure if it makes dollars and cents;-)

Good luck with your court appearance.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Luck Zircon, I'll be with you in spirit.

((((((((((((((((Many Hugs)))))))))))))))
amy
Old 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Z,
Hoping this will be the end and you will be free and clear of him. The trashy girlfriend/wife can have your "old smelly socks"!! Good riddance!!

Sending positive vibes your way. Hugs my friend!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you have to be there? Can your lawyer represent you? If his GF is there, sit as far away as possible, do not even once look her way, and keep your chin up. You are so much classier than she is. Just pretend she doesn’t exist. You got this, Sistah!! ❤️❤️
Old 04-09-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This has been quite a path for you, Z. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today!
Old 04-09-2018, 02:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Holding you in my thoughts today, Zircon. I wish for the best possible outcome and for peace for you afterwards.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending you peace and strength today. No mercy!!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending you strength today friend!!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sending strength and calm, Zircon. (While the GF being there yelling doesn't feel great, it does kind of help the Court see at least a hint of the crazy; she definitely wouldn't have been helping to show he's been behaving in a civil manner.)
Old 04-10-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Update

Hi,
Court was yesterday, late in the afternoon! I’m just feeling like I can finally breathe again.
It was very difficult and uncomfortable. The girlfriend was sitting in the back of the courtroom, it seemed bouncing off the walls. My XAH looked so thin and old. It was hard to see this vital man look so bad. He did look better than last year, but still do thin, and pale, like the Hospice pts I used to take care of.
My lawyer presented our case, that my XAH was in contempt of the final decree order, by not paying the mortgage, causing damage to the home, and not trying to refinance, to name a few things. The judge stated the only way a final decree can be modified is for contempt.
Then his lawyer brought up all these issues that had nothing to do with my XAH failure to comply with the decree, and started slamming me!
She told us she’d make her decision on the contempt issue in 2-3 weeks.
Also it was brought up by my attorney that my XAH has at least 25,000.00 in guns that could be transferred to me to sell to pay his debt. His lawyer stated he had sold them all for 7000.00. My lawyer stated that he had petitioned the court to sell them. The judge then asked what this was all about? My lawyer stated there was a domestic violence ordere in place, and he had been convicted of felony assault with a deadly weapons. Not sure where all that’s gonna go.
It just now a waiting game, and hoping the judge upholds the final decree and finds him in contempt.
I’m just so happy it’s over for now until the next time.
It will be difficult waiting, but better than sitting in that courtroom!!!
Thank you all for listening and you caring and support.

Zircon
Old 04-10-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I cannot see how it cannot be contempt! Big hugs friend, I am glad the court date is over with!!!

Huge Hugs!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

So glad you made it through in one piece Zircon.

I'm hoping for a good outcome for you and just so glad this is behind you.

Big hug
Old 04-10-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Also it was brought up by my attorney that my XAH has at least 25,000.00 in guns that could be transferred to me to sell to pay his debt. His lawyer stated he had sold them all for 7000.00. My lawyer stated that he had petitioned the court to sell them. The judge then asked what this was all about? My lawyer stated there was a domestic violence ordere in place, and he had been convicted of felony assault with a deadly weapons. Not sure where all that’s gonna go.
I'm wondering if your lawyer is making a legal record in case the guns appear. He just told the court he doesn't have them anymore. Your ex might be digging his own hole.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good job. You did your part. You stood in your truth. What happens next is out of your control. Let it go, and focus on loving and caring for yourself. We care about you!