Notices

40 Days

Old 04-05-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

40 Days

Toot toot. That's my own horn blowing. Please pardon, but I am feeling quite good about things.

Still have stuff facing me. Nothing that can't be managed.

I'm grateful for the support I've received from my inner circle. I'm grateful that despite some of the lingering wreckage from years of drinking that I never did anything irreversible.

Overall, I am very optimistic about the future. I experience less anxiety and depression - significantly less. I 99% of the time do not wish that my past was different. I see the events that brought me here as necessary to my path. I'm grateful that I am now awake.

I've lost 10-15 pounds in the last 5 weeks. Some stress related, most just addition by subtraction type thing. I'm not guzzling absurd amounts of toxic liquid suger empty calories on a regular basis. I'm no longer trapped in a cycle of hangovers and eating junk as a result. I cook at home more and eat much more nutritionally sound.

Cash in my pocket goes a long way now. I've been genuinely surprised on several occasions to reach into my pocket and find I still have money in it. (The financial picture overall isn't great, but nothing I can't rebuild from.)

I'm grateful that I'm starting to be able to keep small promises to myself. Much work to do on this. But the little I've done feels terrific.

I am very grateful to have had this place as a resource and as an awesome place of almost unconditional support.

Ok, speech over. Back to my smoothie - banana, blueberry, apple, chia, flax, greek yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla bean, almonds, walnuts. Just doesn't seem right that something that tastes this good is also so healthy. (Aside from all the fructose but hey - compared to what I used to do to myself...)

-B
Old 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days, Buckley. Realizing the benefits makes it easier to stay on the sober path. And — it keeps getting better!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done Buckley, that's good going! I'm glad you are noticing the other benefits of sobriety along with the absence of hangovers.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a great attitude going!

(don't forget to throw some veggies into your smoothie:

kale, beets, cauliflower, ginger root, spinach...)
Old 04-06-2018, 01:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 40 days Buckley. Great to hear you are doing so well.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done Buckley. You sound happy AND healthy. What better combination could there be ? Enjoy your smoothies.
I am wanting to get in to smoothies but always think that all those ingrediants stack up cash wise. Seems like a lot of fresh food to purchase ?
C
Old 04-06-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done
Your awesome 💜
Caralara ❤️❤️
Old 04-06-2018, 02:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome Buckley! And thanks for your posts, a lot of what you say resonates with me and has helped me stay on track. (I'm a bit over a week sober, I decided not to count the days but use 1 April as a reference)
Old 04-06-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mentally happier, physically healthier, financially better off... this is encouragement for anyone reading to perservere through the first few days. There are many rewards to sobriety.

Great post, I love reading these.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Buckley3

D
Old 04-07-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Buckley. Congratulations on your sober time. You are amazing in powering through your challenges. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

40 days sober is a lot of hard work. Congratulations to you! Here’s to 40 more!!!
Old 04-07-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations 40 days is great!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nice one Buckley! I think you may have inspired me to buy myself a juicer.

Don't beat yourself up about the fructose. My refined sugar count went through the roof in my first couple of months - so you're being damn healthier than I was at that stage!

And you're right about the spare cash left over at the end of the month. I forgot to mention that in my introductory post. Perhaps I could spend that money on a juicer eh?