Notices

Recently sober and pregnant

Old 04-05-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recently sober and pregnant

I’ve recently found out I was pregnant. I’m now 8wks. I’ve been almost a daily cocaine user for the past 18 months. When I found out I was pregnant I abstained for 2 weeks. I thought it was going to last forever but then something clicked in my brain and Igor high. I didn’t even want to get high but felt I should. I did not enjoy the high. I’ve used 2 more times since that day. So that makes 3 times using since I found out I was pregnant. I want to talk to someone but i’m scared to tell anyone. I shoot the coke so I can’t cotinue to do it and hide it. I can’t go into treatment due to my job,my house ,my family. Has anyone been in a similar position? I have my first ultrasound soon and just want to know everything is ok. I know I was and kind of still amusing Russian roulette with a life. My depression is consuming me but I’m not going to use.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're playing "russian roulette" with TWO lives and maybe more if the child is born with a lifelong disability. Then your family,job,home will be worth what? I'm sure ALL of those things can wait for a month or so for you to get better in rehab. If you think you'll continue to use I'd suggest another path for the pregnancy. Not for you to use,but to 'protect' your family.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please, please, please talk to your dr and tell him the truth. The most important thing here is your unborn child and I hope you do the right thing and seek support. This is our information on FAS:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pregnancy.html
Old 04-05-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Marina,

I also think it's vital you speak with your Dr and be honest with then, They may know of things that can help.

However embarrassing it is to come clean, both you and your bub to be deserve the best and that won't happen unless you be brave now and reach out for some help?

D
Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

If you want to stop, Cocaine Anonymous is very effective. Give them a call.

You have one of the best reasosn ever to stop. Imagine bringing a new life into the world and watching it go straight into withdrawals. It happens all the time.

If you are just a hard drugger, that reason will be enough for you to stop on your own, perhaps with a little help for your doctor and us. If you are the "real addict" . CA is the best solution I know of, if you are willing.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know you're scared and trying to do the right thing for your baby, Marina. There is no shame in reaching out for help. Heck, look at this forum! We've all had to admit to our secrets. That takes courage... so good first step!

Addiction is very cunning! Please take a deep breath and ask your Doctor for help. You and your baby deserve a happy, healthy life.