Notices

First morning with no hangover

Old 04-03-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First morning with no hangover

Trying for the second time to stop drinking, finally got through a night without a drink and woke up at 6am to the birds singing and no hangover.

It finally dawned on me that it's not a choice to stop drinking or not, it's a requirement because I can't stop when I start. The amount I need now to get that happy drunk feeling is tremendous, and that causes a huge hangover the next day which I hate. There is no way for me to drink healthily.

And I spent nearly $1k last month going out drinking... $1k I could've had in my pocket instead.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back and congratulations ps79

D
Old 04-04-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 04-04-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!!

The hangover free mornings are wonderful, aren't they? I am trying to focus on that feeling I have when I wake up and can actually dive into the day, rather than trying to make myself somewhat human in order to survive the day (which has been way more often)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. Well done and keep posting.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good work! Ultimately, that's what really made it sink in for me. I wake up between 7-8 on my own every morning, feeling great, and rested. The urges at night to drink still hit me from time to time, but it's so easy to push them away when I think about the piercing headache, the fatigue, the vomiting, I'd experience the next morning.

Embrace what you feel right NOW and TODAY!

Keep it up!
Old 04-04-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keep Going

What a lovely post. Really made me smile. I hope you get many more hangover-free mornings.
Keep Going
Old 04-05-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 3

Last night was really hard, had a causes to visit a friend at the pub to 'see a man about a dog' but avoided it as I knew what would happened. That's what phones are for instead right?

Anyway, managed instead to get to bed at 11pm - had the worst nights sleep of my life as my brain is no longer sedated, but up and feeling fresh this morning without feeling like someone crapped in my mouth overnight.

AlcoholMasteryTV on Youtube is what made me think. I can't get happy drinking without drinking into oblivion. Drinking into oblivion will only end up with one set of results, none of which I want. So don't drink.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this man! I’m exactly the same: once I start drinking I just want to get wasted. Best thing I did quitting seven months ago.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PS79 View Post
Trying for the second time to stop drinking, finally got through a night without a drink and woke up at 6am to the birds singing and no hangover.

It finally dawned on me that it's not a choice to stop drinking or not, it's a requirement because I can't stop when I start. The amount I need now to get that happy drunk feeling is tremendous, and that causes a huge hangover the next day which I hate. There is no way for me to drink healthily.

And I spent nearly $1k last month going out drinking... $1k I could've had in my pocket instead.
No hangover. Birds chirping. What a great way to start a day.

I think it's going to be a fine day to not drink.

Enjoy it.

B