Notices

Back for good!

Old 04-03-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back for good!

Hi all, I have posted here a couple of times in the past. I am 28 yr old, have a job for life albeit at the bottom as of no and working myself up so money is not great but it is enough too live comfortably while paying off debts I have built up due too alcohol and cocaine abuse.

My problem is binge drinking/cocaine abuse. I can go between a week/3 mnths without anything (doesn't always get that far) and then after building up a decent "life €" somehow never feel like its enough then somehow manage too spend on a 1/2 day binge what people would spend in a month and add stupid amounts too my already way behind debts and live the next few weeks trying too get myself back on my feet/depressed as hell etc, yet when everything is sorted and ok, seem too think aww I will only have a few, wont overdo it, will not order any cocaine etc etc. I cannot do one without the other and I cannot only have a few drinks! Maybe one or 2 days I can fight it but within a week I am back too square one!
This just has too stop and stop now. I cannot remember much of my 20's, want too get married yet I as sad as it sounds, cannot think of one friend who I can call a friend other then drinking/binging friends and I would not bring this upon her on marriage anyway unless I kick this horrible thing.
I am not a very religious person for the most part but my god, I am praying I can look back at this post in 6 months time, have cleared most of my deaths and most importantly be 6 months into sobriety!
Old 04-03-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad you are back!
Old 04-03-2018, 02:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back and determined

D
Old 04-03-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome back me1489! At least there is some satisfaction that you are attempting to change at a young age, it is much better to do it at 28 than 48 (I know this from my own experience)

I have no experience of cocaine use but it does seem to be the case that if you can stay off the booze then avoiding the coke is that much easier. I know it is hardly the same but I could not quit cigarettes without giving up alcohol for a time (that was before I became an alcoholic)