Notices

A Weekly Resolve 4/1/18

Old 04-01-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Weekly Resolve 4/1/18

Hey all,

Approaching 5 months sober and been dealing with some cravings lately, but nothing overwhelming.

I'm coming to an interim period in my life right now after a year of pretty significant stress. Basically, I'm moving back in with my mom to save some cash while I vigorously pursue a freelance career I've been working on for the past year. I'm giving myself until August to gather some opportunities, but if there aren't enough for me to sustain, I'll be looking for a full-time job in the same field, but at a larger company. Planning to move in with my girlfriend early next year so I want to be fit to contribute financially!

Also, in the past few weeks I had a sort of catharsis with a hearing disability I've been dealing with for years (I'm 27). Basically, I was in denial of having hearing loss in that I would admit it to people, but would downplay its severity, even though I've had hearing aids since 2014. I would show up to social situations I know I couldn't engage in then find myself frustrated and disappointed that I couldn't contribute (this was what a lot of my drinking/drug use was to due in such situations). So now, I'm just trying to accept this and move forward and live my life to the fullest.

Last thing - sobriety is a gift I've given myself, and I appreciate the support I've gotten on here. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on five months, PBateman. Congratulations.

All the best in yournew ventures.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 months PB

It took me a long time to accept some of the physical constraints I deal with - you're to be commended for having the courage to do this at 27

D