Notices

First non-drinking dream

Old 03-29-2018, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First non-drinking dream

They say that when you start to dream in your second language you have really started to get the hang of it, with that in mind this felt significant. I had a dream last night that I was at a huge party, it was kind of an after-work thing but with all kind of other people mixed in. Twice I was offered alcohol and both times I confidently said "I don't drink" It felt comfortable and real and true. At the end of the party I gave a ride to several people who had had too much to drink and didn't want to drive.

It felt really good to have this dream and remember it. I haven't had too much to say recently, but this felt like a big enough deal to report on

Wishing everyone a nice day or sweet, sober dreams wherever you are!
Old 03-29-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mera , dreams can sometimes throw us off for a few hours next day . I used to pay attention to them and thought they meant something and googled dream meanings . Last week I dreamt I was myself at 61 talking to myself as a young boy about 12 . This kinda unnerved me enough to search dream meanings on this but couldn't find an explanation so I just accepted it was my subconscious playing tricks or something .

Good to see you .
Old 03-29-2018, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How I do love to have "Sweet Dreams"...but, I over analyize mine.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had one a while back. Not sure if it classes as a drinking dream.
I was abducted by aliens and levitated into what was like a hospital ward where everyone there was hooked up to drips. Instead of bags of fluid feeding the drip there was a huge glass of beer the size of a domestic bin at the back of each bed and the patients were speaking to each other incoherantly their words mumbled and nonsensical. The aliens where trying to connect me up to the drip and I was fighting with everything that I had to get free.
I woke up sweating.
I think that this may be a sign that we are all being taken over by aliens slowly and steadily with the use of alcohol that they have brought to earth many years ago so that they can take us over without resistance!

I think we must all remain sober!
Old 03-30-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All my alcohol dreams are having me find booze and figuring out ways to hide it for consumption later. Always tense because the booze always falls onto the floor & I have to hide it or some family member happens to want to be with me & I can't drink or hide it.

At least I never get a chance to drink it!
Old 03-30-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can relate Mera- Recently I've been having very vivid dreams after 49 days sober. I'm convinced the brain is detoxing and healing. Last night was the best. I feel better today than i have in many years.

apollo986
Old 03-30-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So it is technically a drinking dream, but the first one when you didn't partake? At first I thought you were going to say you had a dream in Italian as I know it is your second language. Anyway, good job at resisting in the dream! Mine was terrible last night, me fighting with my STBXH. Thank goodness it was only a dream. Reality is bad enough lol.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mera, it sounds like your dream was showing the confidence you are feeling in yourself at this point. I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Mera!

I have had crazy dreams no thanks to the meds I am on and multiple relapses in between.
But I have come to understand the why, for me.
My brain is trying to work things out and kind of analyze them in my sleep. Sometimes I get hit up with the worst case scenarios- actually more often than not. To me, it's just a different perspective. Like my thoughts have turned 4 dimensional and I can control certain aspects and certain others I can't.
I find remembering the vivid dreams fascinating as much as unsettling. I have come to know why I dream the things I do (again- pretty sure strictly med related.)
I think that is very cool you are dreaming in your second language. And also analyzing the healthy aspects of your life.
That's great jeez girl you have come such a beautifully long way since I first came to SR
Old 03-30-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's so great! "I don't drink" has that air of finality to it that I am still resisting (just past 100 days sober). Dream or not, way to go!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome post!!It was exactly that, a non drinking dream, awesome! Those feel good eh?! And to feel confident and natural (and secure) in your sobriety... priceless.

Whenever I go back to my hometown, I put the Mexican polka on the radio cause it just makes me happy. But my Spanish is crap. Well last time I was home, I dreamt in Spanish. From the polka. In my dream, I magically understood polka Spanish. I wasn’t drinking, I swear!!