From The Inside Out

Old 03-29-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wink From The Inside Out

From the inside out

When you feel the urge to be critical of someone else, look first within yourself. The weaknesses and shortcomings you perceive in another may very well be pointing to improvements you can make in your own life.

Instead of depending on others to change, or attempting to force them to do so, look for positive changes that you can make. You’ll always have much more success controlling your own life than you will have controlling others.

If you wish to live in a positive world, be a positive person. If you desire peace, then be completely at peace with yourself.

Life is a mirror that reflects your most authentic self back to you. It flows from the inside out.

The values and priorities that you live by will greatly influence the world that you live in. The thoughts and feelings you hold most consistently on the inside will determine how life unfolds for you on the outside.

Allow peace, love, joy and fulfillment to flow from the inside out. Make your world the best it can be.

— Ralph Marston
Old 03-29-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The values and priorities that you live by will greatly influence the world that you live in. The thoughts and feelings you hold most consistently on the inside will determine how life unfolds for you on the outside.
I tripped over this reading today and I think it was exactly what I needed to see...funny how life hands you thinks like this.

For the past few weeks, I have been trying to herd cats, so to speak, or it seemed like it. I was trying to put together a family event to unfold exactly as I wanted it to, instead of considering the various needs and personalities of the people who would attend.

This has nothing to do with addiction or alcohol, thank goodness these members of my family are all healthy and okay, but the frustration and anxiety I have been feeling about this has come out and shows itself clearly in my "plan".

Really, when all is said and done, all I have to do is show up and enjoy the get together. Maybe bring a dish or two, some little gifts for the kids, chip in to help set up and then completely enjoy myself.

Wowzer, thank you Ralph Marsden. Life is never as complicated as I make it. Feeling anxiety will bring anxiety. Feeling joy and warmth at seeing my family gather will bring joy and warmth. Who knew?
Old 03-30-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You’ll always have much more success controlling your own life than you will have controlling others.

doesn't mean i can't TRY tho right???? LOL

god i love me some ralph. dude just says it like is.......thank you for this post today Ann!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love him too, Anvil. Where was he when I needed him? Oh wait...he was right there I just wasn't listening.

"Why should I change when HE'S the one with the problem? " Yeah, right, like MY life wasn't a living hell!!

Changing myself was a new concept that turned out to be the best thing I ever did.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Wowzer, thank you Ralph Marsden. Life is never as complicated as I make it. Feeling anxiety will bring anxiety. Feeling joy and warmth at seeing my family gather will bring joy and warmth. Who knew?
Wowzer is right. Just thinking how insightful and helpful the shares that you post, courtesy of Ralph Marsen have been.

A good start for my Saturday.

Each day I am a little more positive, a little more confident, and getting better at keeping the boundaries little by little.

Thank you, Ann, for all you contribute.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Aww, thank you Anaya for all your support and kind words.