Notices

Tea Drinkers- suggestions please

Old 03-26-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tea Drinkers- suggestions please

Mods- I was not sure where to put this so please move, delete or ignore as you see fit.

I am venturing into loose leaf teas, and have no idea what to look for. I like the Twinings breakfast type teas, really like Orange flavored teas which is what I am really looking for. Suggestions? It seems expensive. Also there are no tea shops in my area so have to buy online

thank you all

Badge
Old 03-26-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Check out the Mighty Leaf website. I buy tea from them all the time and absolutely love it. They have all kinds of loose and bagged tea. There are a lot of user ratings and reviews as well.

I did the loose tea for a while, but decided the bags are much more convenient. Their bags are actually loose tea in a bag; not that nasty powder that you find at super markets.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Did someone mention Tea drinking?!!

Find a good Chinese tea shop or an online outlet, there's soo much choice, green and white teas, invest in a tea leaf egg and that's all you need, try and experiment, there's soo many options out there.

The US, you guys have Teavana, which is good to go in for a taster and see what you like, it can be expensive though, so best scoping out options.

I live in Ireland, and my sister lives in London, but round the corner from where she lives is a Chinese tea shop. wall to wall green and white teas, it's the highlight of my year visiting!!

Oh and as time goes on a nice teapot and a tea cozy is a must, I got this particular one not long after getting Sober, to impress guests haha!!

Old 03-26-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love tea! One of my favorite things to do is buy bulk herbs from a health food store (very inexpensive!) and add it to some nice black or green tea, although that isn't necessary.

I'm currently drinking a rosehips-raspberry leaf-hibiscus blend that a friend made for me and it's wonderful. Complex flavors like wine without the regret.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
Did someone mention Tea drinking?!!

Find a good Chinese tea shop or an online outlet, there's soo much choice, green and white teas, invest in a tea leaf egg and that's all you need, try and experiment, there's soo many options out there.

The US, you guys have Teavana, which is good to go in for a taster and see what you like, it can be expensive though, so best scoping out options.

I live in Ireland, and my sister lives in London, but round the corner from where she lives is a Chinese tea shop. wall to wall green and white teas, it's the highlight of my year visiting!!

Oh and as time goes on a nice teapot and a tea cozy is a must, I got this particular one not long after getting Sober, to impress guests haha!!

Ha! I would be very impressed to get tea served from that little cutie!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is good timing. While I was miserable at work today, fighting the wind and dust in my eyes, I decided to get really, really passionate about tea.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like you, I drink Twinnings--their entire assortment. Very aristocratic;-)
Old 03-26-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love a good brew. Near me is an amazing tea shop / tea room. They do green teas (can't get on with those - too bitter for me), black teas, white teas, that funny tea that comes in cute little blocks and herbal teas. Hundreds of them. My favourite is a good long leaf Assam, or a nice mix of white and Jasmine. Popcorn tea is interesting as well, kind of gentle nutty flavour and aroma.

Good tea suppliers will bag up their own and sell very small amounts of different teas.

BB
Old 03-27-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

I am loving chai tea at the moment and i do love alot of twinnings teas.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Pomegranate infused white tea.
It feeds the soul.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I did loose leaf for a while. Bought a basic black, green and white tea. Added my own stuff like dried orange peel, lavender, rose etc. Fun but too fussy.

Now I either drink herb/fruit teas or green tea. I add honey to the green tea generously and it is my favorite!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Picked up some pomegranate and raspberry tea from Stash, and a mixed herbal tea box from Celestial Seasonings. Looking forward to some tasty tea time.