Notices

I feel sorry for people that don't drink...

Old 03-25-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
J50

I feel sorry for people that don't drink...

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Sitting here on Sunday morning, I couldn't disagree more. One of the best things about waking up sober is the feeling of relaxation I have! It took a few months for my sleep to get to this point, but it beats waking up on the weekend feeling like I got run over by a bus.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

For those struggling, keep fighting and don't give in to the first drink. Keep reading and posting, and take advantage of all the support here. You can break the cycle!
Old 03-25-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, J50.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I knew what the title of your post was referencing as soon as I read it. I LOVE Sinatra music. And I could not agree more with what you wrote. Last night I went to dinner and a jazz show (Chris Botti— it was awesome). And it was really comforting to know I was going to enjoy the evening, go home without risk of a DWI, and not feel like hell and/or an anxious wreck in the morning. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess I could still exchange glances with strangers in the night, wondering what romance is....
Old 03-25-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
I knew what the title of your post was referencing as soon as I read it. I LOVE Sinatra music. And I could not agree more with what you wrote. Last night I went to dinner and a jazz show (Chris Botti— it was awesome). And it was really comforting to know I was going to enjoy the evening, go home without risk of a DWI, and not feel like hell and/or an anxious wreck in the morning. Happy Sunday!
That sounds like a great night!

Several years ago, my wife and I saw his son in concert. At certain points, he sounded so much like his father it was scary!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
J50

Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
I guess I could still exchange glances with strangers in the night, wondering what romance is....
Doobie doobie dooooo....

Now you have that song stuck in my head!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday (Palm Sunday )...

I now wake up early-even if I plan on sleeping late. No headache or dry heaves. No trying to remember the night before. Not having a drink in the a.m. in order to physically function as a mother.

Now I wake up and happily plan my day knowing I don't need to plan it around my drinking.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My sleep still isn't great but waking up sober is one of the best feelings so far

Two weekends ago, I'd have woken up feeling like warmed up crap, puffy, bloodshot eyes, headache and diarrhea.

Now I'm waking up feeling that I've actually rested, not just blacked out and feeling drained. Even though I've never been an early bird, I'm making the most of my mornings now:-)
Old 03-25-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great quote
I make plans and actually carry them through ....I love it
I had my first night out on Friday night and had my few soda waters
It felt bloody amazing to hold the car keys in my hand and drive home
Such a fantastic feeling
Caralara ❤️
Old 03-25-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I sure feel sorry for people who drink too much, whether they are alcoholics or not.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I wouldn’t want to drink alcohol again even if I could do it as a non alcoholic. The irony is that I think I only liked it so much because I’m an alcoholic so wouldn’t want that option anyway even if I could.

Not that I’d want the option anyway. I’ve discovered a beauty and serenity in life that I’d never discover if alcohol was in the mix. May have felt good for a bit with the excitement of the illusionary high to come but always ended up in tears. All alcohol did for me was set off a series of stronger and stronger cravings for a greater buzz; more booze, drugs, cigs. So grateful I don’t put myself through that torture anymore!

Truly grateful to be sober
Old 03-25-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Addiction is a sickness, illness that affects
so many. If not addiction, then there are
so many other illnesses, sicknesses, diseases,
cancers that affect many too.

There are also many types of poisons, toxins,
illegal substances, prescription meds, taking
down many too, young, old, good and bad.

I'll continue to work on myself in recovery
and pray for those are sick in whatever
situation, illness or addiction that plagues
them.