Notices

Rough Day 5

Old 03-23-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Day 5

About 4 years ago I was in the best shape of my life since I was in the Marines. 6% body fat, athletic, competed in fitness shows. Then the slide into alcoholism began. About two years ago I REALLY fell off fitness wise. There were these “body combat” classes I would do that we’re very intense and put me in great shape. As I drank more and more I just stopped doing them.

Tonight I did one of those classes for the first time in years. It kicked my a$$. I was hurting all over 15 minutes into it. I was like “damn, i’m Outta shape.” I didn’t drink. Just a reminder what alcohol has done to me.

I am getting back in shape dammit!
Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will Horn

D
Old 03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You will Horn

D
Hard to do at 49, but I will use it as another motivation not to touch alcohol again. I felt like an outta shape old man. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Seriously though. Yet another bad thing about booze. Empty calories that’ll make you fat.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on day 5!

I love Bodycombat! Have you ever done Bodypump? I'm doing Bodypump and then BodyAttack this AM. Les Mills classes are the best, IMO. Saturday mornings are my favorite line up....really good instructors too.

I'm almost 53. You can do it! Just remember how much alcohol effects hormones (like testosterone). Give it a couple of months and you'll be crushing those classes....
Old 03-24-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Good job on day 5!

I love Bodycombat! Have you ever done Bodypump? I'm doing Bodypump and then BodyAttack this AM. Les Mills classes are the best, IMO. Saturday mornings are my favorite line up....really good instructors too.

I'm almost 53. You can do it! Just remember how much alcohol effects hormones (like testosterone). Give it a couple of months and you'll be crushing those classes....
Exactly!! I used to do body attack as well. It is hard to find that class anymore in Houston though. I also did body pump as well, but now I pretty much stick to free weight workouts, rotating body parts. My wife loves body pump.

And I too love(d) waking up early on Saturdays and getting a good cardio workout in. It is just a great feeling. That’sbehat I’m doing this morning!