Notices

This probably gets deleted in less than a second

Old 03-23-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This probably gets deleted in less than a second

I had court this morning. The refusal to take a breath test was dismissed, I thought they would crucify me for that, and I got time served (DUI). I took the plea but seriously I am in active outpatient counseling for alcoholism, had a letter to that effect, I am in AA and only face heavy fines and four more days in jail. Could have been a lot worse!!!!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're doing a lot to get your life together ie, counseling, AA. Take this experience and grow from it. Sometimes, one hard hit over the head is enough to wake us up. Good luck. John
Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

smart move icewater1961, to take a letter indicating that you're doing outpatient counseling for drinking. Seems to have factored into the outcome.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you John. I have had a lot of hard hits and it did not sink in but gradually it does! I am such a nutcase I am thinking of writing a book. But yes, I am actively seeking sanity and help. It's hard when you have a personality out of this normality limit that people talk about, but are never diagnosed with anything but alcoholism that I really want to quit for life. It killed my aunt and uncle and friends and I could have died a thousand times. Not trying to over dramatically color the scenario but it could have. Thank you for your encouragement. I have a plan!
Old 03-23-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Daredevil, thanks to you too.